Monday, June 04, 2007

Why I can't use my own treadmill


Ella, seen here, has taken over the treadmill. It is in the tv room and I haven't used it in a while, but does that give her the right to take it over? Looks like I am doing aerobics again this afternoon. Ella also enjoys floor work and yoga. No matter where she is in the house, if I get down on the floor to stretch or do sit ups, she is right there trying to go underneath my legs. Strange cat that one!

I was very happy to get home to see two packages on my porch! Yeah! Of course the postman left the mailbox open so the rest of the mail was soaked! Including new mortgage payment book and National Grid bill! But look what arrived..

What lovely yarn from Simply Sock Yarn. Lovely sock yarns that were on sale including two Opals (one is hand painted!!) and a Cherry Tree Hill in Bark. I have been looking at Bark for a while. It is a lovely color in my eyes.

Things are slow moving around this place lately. I have been working on a few projects.

As you can see, I have finished one side of the tank and am a few inches into the back. The crocheted black and variegated blanket is moving right along. I have been working on this more than anything thing. I don't feel like working on the tank. I think I know there will be things to finish and tuck in once it is done being knit... I will go back to it. Of course once the sock yarn arrived today, I picked out a blue jeans blue solid yarn from my last sock yarn purchase to work the new 6SoxKAL lace pattern in. I think I will start those this weekend. I want to be closer to finishing the tank since I will have a better opportunity to wear that than the finished socks in the next month.

5 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger sara said...

Emma just wants to make sure you don't overwork yourself. She cares for you! :-)

 
At 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Emma seems to be a lot like our Lady - there's been times here when it was absolutely impossible for me to do Yoga or any other gymnastics, she just stuck to me like a flea and tried to crawl all over me all the time! She's calmed down a bit by now, but still - every workout is quite a hassle ;) And yet - don't we just love our cats for that too? ;)
Love how your tank is coming along - it's going to be beautiful!

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ella just wants to be near you.
The new sock yarn is lovely. Don't you love having packages in the mail!
The tank is coming along beautifully, as is the blanket.
I haven't started my Victorian Lace socks yet. I can't wait to see yours.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Diane said...

I love your new sock yarn. Simply Sock always has a great selection .... and great service too.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love the picture of Ella....she is a cutie. Nice batch of sock yarn. Your afghan is really coming along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home