Saturday, May 26, 2007

It has been 6 days since my last...

post! So scary that so many days have gotten away from me so fast! It was a crazy busy week though in my defense...

Tuesday we had an author visit our school that I set up and she was wonderful!! Cynthia DeFelice came to visit. She did some storytelling with the k-3 and great stuff with the 4-5 grades! She was really great. The kid shave now taken out all the books I had of hers in the library and want me to put books on hold for next year! Aren't they funny! If you are out in the Finger Lakes region for Father's Day weekend, she and many other children's author are doing a book signing for a little bookstore in (I hope I spell this right or even close) Skineatlis, NY. I am thinking of driving out there just to see her and all the other author. I am not a movie star kind of girl, but tell m,e a children's author is coming to town, and I'll move buildings to meet them and have them sign a book or too! Needless to say There went Tuesday.

Wednesday is a blur... trying to catch up from the previous day and get ready for Thursday where we were taking the whole school ... all 480 kids roller skating for doing such a wonderful job during Characters Education this year. I went to bed that night with a migraine and tried to go to school with it on Thursday, but I knew I couldn't survive a busride with 4th-5th graders. I went home to bed and slept until 4 in the afternoon.

Friday is just a busy day all around int he library. Lots of classes. Trying to get things settled for the end of the year...etc... and now here is Saturday! I got stuck in the parade route this morning on my way to the library which decided to close for the weekend! Arg! I wasn't happy, but the marching band was great!

Of course I have been knitting away! I watched to movies this week and got lots of things worked on. I now have several projects going. I should just cast on for everything I have yarn for at this rate!! And now some pictures for you.

My finished round baby blanket for the public librarian (who decided to close for the weekend...)I'll still give her the blanket even after all that.


A cute little plum or grape hat that will go in my fruit hat basket for my friend at work who is due with baby number three in October. She will love all the fun hats I have made her.


Lastly is my shell. I have made it up to the arm holes and am about to decrease for the neck line... I am working on the front first, then will make the back. I have been doing other mindless knitting since I have to count stitch for the neckline and it has been quite a week. I have another scrap hat on the needles, a crocheted scrap blanket in my lap right now, pattern in hand for mittens for CIC's latest challenge and thoughts of the new sock pattern the 6SoxKAL is going to release on Friday. I am thinking I will use one of my solid sock yarns that I have recently acquired.

5 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you have had a very busy week. I can totally sympathize with you about weeks flying by in a whirl I have may weeks like that. I'm sorry to hear about your migraine. I've been getting alot lately too. I think its the weather. Well feel better, and hopefully next week will come at a smoother pace for you.

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe it is spelled Skaneateles, NY. I always had trouble with its spelling and pronunciation when I first moved to New York. It's a beautiful little town. The Clinton's have vacationed there. The lake is beautiful. The yarn shop, Elegant Needles, I believe has moved to a different town.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Diane said...

The blanket looks great; I'm gonna have to make one of those. Really different. That grape hat is too cute.

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure have been busy! Sorry to hear that the migraines have struck again.
Your knitting is beautiful.
When do you start your vacation? Soon I hope!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love your blanket and hat. The little leaf is a cute addition to the hat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home