Sunday, May 13, 2007

Early am on Sunday

I have been getting up (or woken up) early everyday for the past month or so. I think it started when we were house sitting feeding the dogs at 5:45am then driving home to get ready for work. All of our animals seem to like that schedule. However, my husband and I do not. This past week he was working on a house up on Snowy Lake, Ny then came home Thursday to drive to Boston on Friday to work on remodeling a kitchen. When he comes back (Monday or Tuesday) I think the whole process starts over again. So I have barely seen him although we talk once an evening to catch up really quick. I feel like we are dating again! Weird. I have been getting up early to get things done or sit and read or knit. I was very productive yesterday. By 6am I was out in the garden. I really love first thing in the morning, no one else in the neighborhood is awake, including our very noisy neighbors. I spent an hour weeding, seeding, and staking plants. Then at 7am I sat down to finish my latest book. Very appropriate if you ask me! It was EARTHLY JOYS by Philippa Gregory. I have been wanting to read her other books, but this one was perfect! It was about one of the gardeners of the King of England. I really enjoyed it. AS I got to the end, there was a continuation! So I ordered a copy form the library.

Once I finished my book I grabbed the dog to do some errands. Bank, Post Office (before the rates went up!), and the library. The lady at the bank laughed at how big our dog is! It is a black lab mixed with Newfoundland I think! Big boy! Mailed my packages at the PO then walked up to the library. I know I work in a library all week, but who can resist going on weekends? They had two books for me and I found a few projects to make!

I hadn't seen a copy of the SnB HAPPY HOOKER at the bookstore so I thought I would ILL a copy to preview. Most of the projects aren't me, but there are a few cute kid projects like the sock monkey hats and blankets! And these funny little animal ipod cozies! The second book was 100 KNITTING PROJECTS. Some were nice, but only one pair of socks and those were for a man! Lots of frou-frou yarns which I am not normally a fan of... but there was the cable sweater pattern. It has the cable going up the front and the rest looks like a rib pattern for a good fit.

I guess my coffee is kicking in.. I am a little wordy today! On tap for later is laundry. I have to drive to my mom's since ours is broken still and DH hasn't been around to change the belt. Mom is on vacation, so I was thinking of packing a book and my socks to work on while I wait for the washer. I'll just bring everything home to dry since the dryer is working fine. Almost done with my latest Jaywalkers...

They have been working up really quickly when I sit to work on them. I worked so long on them yesterday that my hands tighten up. Feeling fine now though... I'll leave you with a little surprise I found in the garden. The squirrels and moles usually get these before I ever see them!

5 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The socks are looking great. The tulip is gorgeous!

Have a great upcoming week and I hope you have more time with your hubby soon.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

The socks are coming along nicely. You will be out of school before you know out. Hey...I started the Baby tart hat. I ended up froggin it this morning. I was using some Encore purple yarn. It was splitting trying to knit the bobbles. I decided it was too much work for a charity hat. I would make it for a very special baby, but out of a different yarn than acrylic.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Diane said...

What a beautiful tulip. I only had one come up this year.

 
At 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so love early mornings! I get up very early, around 5 am usually, and the peace and quiet then is just priceless. Plus, I feel I'm at my most productive in the early mornings, I feel full with energy then and even enjoy ironing that early (a miracle for me, believe me!) This said, I'm a walking zombie by late afternoon, this is my time to sit and knit and take a little siesta ;)
And oh, I *so* hear you about the noisy neighbors - sucks big time, doesn't it?
I love how yours socks are coming along, so very beautiful!

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks look great!
I've been waking up early too. I was blaming it on the sun being bright so early but I think it's just becoming a habit. This morning I was awake at 5. YUCK!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home