Sunday, May 20, 2007

After a rainy day...

The sun is out shining today! My poor husband is out mowing the lawn... With him being away for so many days in a row, the lawn went to seed! I kid you not! If I knew how to work the mower, I might (and I do stress the word might) have gone out last weekend to mow. But alas... I can not work the mower or the snow blower, nor to I really want to learn while I still have a wonderful husband who will do these things as I sit in the hammock reading and watching him do the hard work! :) Hey, I went to the grocery store already this morning, that should count for something! :)


Here are my lovely new jaywalkers that I didn't think I would be wearing until the fall... ahhh, but the northeast always throws a curve. We didn't get out of the 50's on Friday, so I was able to wear wool to work once again! Pretty aren't they? Very comfy too.


Here is the shell from Lionbrand site. It is a ribby shell. They show it in brown, but I already had 5 skeins of creme (or I guess vanilla) in my stash. It was working up slowly, but now I have about 9 of the 14 inches needed before doing the armholes.


Remember I also started the pinwheel baby blanket. I have some stash yarns and it is turning out pretty cute. Except that you can only see part of it at once and it won't lay flat until the bind off. I think I will do the bind off with a crochet hook. This went really fast the last time I used it. Plus with so many stitches... I am not really looking forward to it. As for an edging, since it is for a boy, I may just do around of purl stitches to give it a little texture, then bind off. We'll see how it goes.

Those are not the only projects I have going either (you are bad people telling me how wonderful it is to have more than one project going at a time! What if I never finish them all?) I also have the being of a crocheted scrap blanket for computer time, but I haven't had a chance to work on that really. I keep both projects out, one on one side of my chair, one on the other side. See how easily I am swayed!

7 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

I love the colorway of your Jaywalkers. The shell looks nice too. I just downloaded the pattern. :)

 
At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Jaywalkers are great! It's nice that you got to wear them too. The shell and blanket are coming along wonderfully. Having a few projects going is good for talking about on the blog.
Don't learn to use the lawn mower.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Love the jaywalkers. The weather is seriously messed up all over the country (high of 80 Sat. and today, high of 60 yesterday here.)

Give in to the startitis! It makes the rest of us feel better.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Will we still be wearing wool socks in June? Looks that way. lol. Your Jaywalkers look wonderful.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Love the socks! The blanket and shell are so pretty and really growing.

Have a wonderful week!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I've always thought that was a pretty shell. I think that vanilla/creme is always a good color.

The pinwheel blanket is coming along nicely. I promised myself I wouldn't knit another blanket for a while but I do want to make that one.

Nice socks too!

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they are important you will finish them. If you don't, they don't really matter. Enjoy the process. The Pinwheel blanket is so interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home