Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A weekend full of scraps

That's right. I am making a big effort to use up my stash so I tried using even the smallest of scraps to make these fun "hedgehoggy" type hats. I think they came out kind of cute. A little girl at school wore one this winter and it was great! So I worked up three of them...

Also pictured is my crocheted variegated and black granny square blanket that I work on while surfing the net. It is getting bigger. And hotter too. I don't know if I'll be able to work on it this summer. I was also working on a few other scrap type hats with just a little bit of yarn. There are two crocheted and one knit. All of the hats will go to the CIC project for May/June. They are working on items for the Cheyenne Project in South Dakota. I will now start working up some mittens to be sent with the hats.

I have not gone back to my shell. I should really get that finished to wear before the end of school. I won't really have an occasion to wear it outside of school this summer. Other than these projects I have finished reading Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. I am usually a big fan of her books, but this one was very depressing in the light of the VT shooting. Right now I am just finishing up a great book (if you like Amy Tan) of her memoirs... called The Opposite of Fate. It is well written and very funny.

5 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your knitting is lovely as always.
I haven't read the new Jodi Picoult book but I have read most of her others. I really enjoy Amy Tan. Her books carry me away.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Your scrappy hats are one-of-a-kind treats. Love them!

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Diane said...

What a great idea to use the black thru the entire square. I've always just edged squares in black but yours looks so dramatic and modern.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love the little scraps hats. Thanks for the comment on the new Amy Tan book. I will check it out.

 
At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hats are ever so cute, and what a great idea to use up some leftover yarn! I'm also totally impressed by the blanket square, it looks awesome with these happy and cheerful colors, and the black throughout it gives it a really unique and elegant look - great!
I also like Amy Tan a lot - haven't read any of her books for ages though, so I'd better get going and get this new one to read on vacation - thanks for the recommendation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home