Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday and progress

Not as fast progress as I would have liked, but progress all the same. I caught a cold over the weekend, so I napped a lot instead of getting much of anything done. The A*s*s tank has taken me a bit longer to finish than I thought, but here she was on Saturday...


All that needed doing was the sewing and that is now done as well. Tank fits pretty well. I actually made it longer than the pattern, and I wish I had made it a tiny bit longer still. One of these when I put it on I will take of photo of me in it. Makes me look VERY full figured, but I guess that is with the help of the ribbing and nature!


I did also finish off the black and variegated blanket on Saturday. It looks pretty much the same as the last picture. I only added a bit more. It is large enough for me to scoot under, so it will be plenty big enough for a child. It will go with the rest of my charity blankets. I need to make a few phone calls to see if anyone needs some dropped off while I have some time coming up. I also started a second black and variegated since I had a lot of both left from the first blanket. Will probably make an equal or larger size with these stash yarns.

With both A*s*s tank and blanket finished I cast on for the latest pattern for the 6Sox KAL group. This is a pattern called Victorian Lace. I choose a wonderful shade of blue from my stash and have made it about two times through the pattern of 12 rows while we watched an episode of Rome last night.


Whew! I think I am caught up now. I will leave you with my new clematis that I got for my birthday last summer. There will be three shades of purple flowers. Right now only two different ones are open, and they sure look nice growing up my lamppost.

5 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

The curren sock for the Six Sock KAL is really pretty. I joined the list a while back but have not knit any of the patterns yet. I really want to knit this one.

The tank looks nice. I usually find ribbing very flattering but like you, every now and then I get some ribbling that makes me feel not-so-thin.

Hope to see a picture of you wearing it soon as it probably looks great!

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger sara said...

That blue is lovely!

I'm afraid of sweaters that are almost exclusively ribbing because they are form fitting.

 
At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been so productive! The tank turned out so very beautifully - I'd love to see some modeled shots of it! Ribbed sweaters are certainly extremely form fitting, but I like them a lot nonetheless! And awww, what a lovely blue here, gorgeous!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

The tank looks great. I love the color you chose for the sock. I'll have to check out that pattern.

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are knitting like a mad woman!!! Slow down girl!!! (grin)

Your knitting looks great, and I just love the color of the socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home