Friday, July 06, 2007

Working (and playing) hard

Ok... hardly working really at least at my day job. But I have been hard at knitting work! That's something don't you think?

I finished my lovely and so silky soft Tofutsies sock on July 3rd. I love, love, love them! I will have to search out another skein of this lovely yarn in a different color sometime. In fact I have probably a half skein left... so I may try to get a pair of toe up short socks out of it. The yarn is beautiful to wear! Maybe I'll dig out my Regia Silk skeins that I forgot about and make another pair of socks of myself. Hmmm. Good idea!

There are many charity projects complete too.

Several more hats for the preemies at the local NICU and a couple of hats and mittens for the CIC Project to be sent out for Sept to South Dakota' Cheyenne Reservation. I have another hat and mitten set in the works right now that will be done later today. I hope to get another set of mittens done for Ann's Mittenz challenge. Plus I want to get a couple more preemie hats done before next Thursday's book club meeting and give them to my friend the nurse.

Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center. It is the summer home of the NYC Ballet Company. They come to Saratoga Springs, NY for the month of July. Thursdays and Saturdays are matinee days. So I grabbed my small lawn chair and two skeins of yarn and sat myself on the lawn to watch the performances of "Square Dance", "Apollo" and my favorite "Stars and Stripes". Just fantastic. While I sat I needed something to keep my hands busy so I worked one all the yellow and blue hats in the above picture. While I was there I was offered at two difference times, by two different people... and inside seat. I turned them both down. I love being inside for the dances... but I wanted to be on the lawn yesterday! It was a great afternoon!

3 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Goodness, you've been busy! I'm still working on the working hard/playing hard lifestyle. The playing hard part is taking a surprising amount of effort.

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi my SP!!! I got your last package!I have no idea what to do with the yarn but it is scrumptious :)Thank you so much!!!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Making socks for yourself is always a good thing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home