Sunday, June 24, 2007

It's official!

I am on summer vacation. Don't be too jealous of all my new free time. It was quite a year, which I enjoyed, but it was tough too. In celebration of my final day of work for two months, I went to the sale at the LYS... I was kicking myself for not getting some Baby Cashmere by Debbie Bliss.... so I went to have a look at what was on sale.


I ended up with two colors of the cashmere. I really want to make some wonderfully soft socks for myself with it. Plus after digging through the sale bin, I came up with two skeins of Magritte Bulky which is 20% cashmere and 80% extrafine merino wool. It is really soft. I thought it might make a nice scarf for a gift for the holidays. Who knows really. I spent about $35 for all of this beautiful new stash. ahhhh! Pure happiness.

Still no washer, so we packed up the baskets and the dog and headed over to my MIL's house to use the washer while they are out of town. We did three loads over there. I sat and knit in between cycles. My Victorian Lace socks are almost done. I will close the second toe this afternoon. I was hoping to have these socks done this weekend and they will be! Will post a picture of the completed socks soon. They fit pretty well too. I like them with no pattern down the foot.

On tap for today:
1. finish toe
2. read "Virgin Earth" - only 300 pages of the 661 left to go
3. put away laundry
4. empty dishwasher
5. tend to the garden
6. nap in hammock
7. workout

not necessarily in that order. Have a wonderful sunny weekend!

5 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy all your extra knitting time!
You got great yarn!
I can't wait to see your Victorian Lace socks. I'll cast on in a few days I hope.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should finish the toe and then take a nap in the hammock, and call it a day!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Diane said...

But I am jealous of your 2 months off ... although I'm pretty sure that if I took 2 months off I wouldn't want to work again.

Love your new yarn.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger soapy said...

got to love those sales when you find them!!! Good for you! Hope you find the perfect pattern to use suck goodness!
Enjoy!

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, this is some beautiful yarn - just the thought of these amazingly soft cashmere socks that you're going to knit makes me drool all over here ;) Enjoy your extra knitting time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home