Monday, July 16, 2007

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I haven't had much of a chance to work on my Monkey socks over the last few days, but what I have completed so far I really love, love, love. I have never worked with Cherry Tree Hill yarn before, even though I have several skeins in the stash. I plan to work up each one in a different pattern (and if I am lucky... buy more of this wonderful yarn!)

The socks are working up nicely. I took them with me when my husband called on Friday and asked if I wanted to join him up at the cabin he has been working on for his aunt and uncle for the weekend. Why yes, that sounds lovely! So early Saturday morning we took an hour and a half ride up north into the Adirondack Mountains. The cabin is just out side of Indian Lake and past Gore Mountain. He has been working on the cabin for a while and it is looking great. Of course what was he working on this weekend... the bathroom... hmmm. You see where I am going with this don't you? Lucky for me the potty worked great, but there was no shower or sink except for the one in the kitchen. I got lots of reading done (The Coffee Trader by David Liss) and worked on the monkey socks since there us no cell phone reception or tv reception, it makes for a nice quiet retreat. The dog and I took several walks around the woods and even ventured to Snowy Lake. We have plans to return hopefully next week for an extended stay. Maybe I'll get to one of the local trails since there are a huge number right around the corner from the cabin.

Had bookclub last Thursday so I was able to have 2 dozen hats for the NICU nurse in our group. Here are the last 4 I made before heading out on Thursday night.


Oh and remember when I mentioned (oh around early MAY!!! that our washer went caput! Well we were going to buy a new one, but my sister had one sitting in their basement. They just needed to clear a path to get it out of the basement for us. Well Last night after we got home, we drove over to pick it up (finally) ... how long should you be willing to wait for something free? I did a load of sheets last night to test it and a load of towels this morning! We have washer everyone! Now onto the clothes!

6 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Congrats on the new washer!

Your sock is gorgeous. I haven't knit with CTH sock yarn yet either, but plan to remedy that soon.

Love those baby hats!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Batty said...

OK, now it's getting creepy. I was just thinking of knitting some purple Monkeys and... titling the corresponding blog post Monkey see, monkey do. Were we separated at birth? Did we forget to wear our aluminum foil hats? What's going on?

The socks are gorgeous, and I love the baby hats.

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colorway of the Monkey sock, and congrats on having a working washer again. It seems like in my household I can never find the end of the dirty clothes.

 
At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some more lovely hats - I totally love them! And your Monkeys are coming along so beautifully - this CTH yarn sounds so heavenly to work with - my gosh, I need to get a couple skeins of that one too! Great colorway btw!
Your time at the cabin sounds so relaxing and great - and hey, congrats on the new washer!

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your monkey socks are great! Isn't that the best pattern. I have some CTH yarn in my stash. I'll have to pull it out and give it a try.
I'm glad to hear you got your washer. I'd be willing to wait just like you for a free one!
Just think of all the little ones who'll wear your hats. Aren't they lucky.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Hurrah on your new washer. Clean clothes for all!!!

When my washer gave up the ghost I had it replaced in 3 days. At the time I was doing 14 loads a week so I really needed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home