Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Twins!!

Well sort of. I have been working on a pair of toe up socks with some stash yarn that I picked up out of the 50% off bin at the LYS a while back...

and well I have finished them.

I suppose they are more fraternal twins than identical, but I still love them and they fit perfectly!!
Yarn: Big Mexiko
Needles: size 5 dpn
Pattern: Deb's "Almost Easy toe-up socks"

These worked up so fast, I am looking for other yarn int he stash to make a few more socks just to wear around the house this winter. I might have a few candidates, but I need to work on a few other things for now.

I cast on for the 5 hour baby sweater (or at least my own variation of it) last night (after the Evanessance concert at SPAC) just to have something in my hands. We have several people expecting at work this fall and winter, so it will go to one of these women, plus I'll have to make a few others too. I may find out when school starts again in a couple of weeks (GULP!) that there might be a couple more added to the list.

We are heading to Boston (well, Framingham really) for a long weekend in a few days. Going to visit friends (husband's friends) who live outside the city. I have to find a good project for the 3-4 hour ride out and for those early mornings when everyone else is sleeping but me. I am thinking a plain pair of socks. I have printed out the latest 6SoxKAL pattern and am excited to start, but I don't think I would do very well with the chart in the car, so I am going to hold off on that one until we come back. I'll cast on when we come back. Are there any good yarn stores I should hit while in Framingham area? Maybe I will torture the husband and make him stop at WEBs. That might make this a more enjoyable trip for me.

6 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Definately give him the Webs torture.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Nerdy Knitter said...

You don't have to answer this online (you can email me at careynevATearthlinkDOTnet), but I have to ask where you live--I'm from the Albany area, and have gone to a number of shows at SPAC, so imagine my surprise when I read about your attending a SPAC show!

AND you're a knitting librarian?! Too weird.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Doesn't it seem crazy how fast this summer has gone. I am not going back to school this fall, but J's appointment starts in a week!

Definitely stop by Webs. I am so mad that I started knitting seriously 1 year after leaving the pioneer valley and thus have never been.

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are lovely!! I know just what you mean about the Gansey sock pattern not being car knitting. I barely started the first sock and realized I'll have to have some peace and quiet to get the first few rounds done so I'll know what I'm doing.
I love this directory for finding yarn shops. http://www.sweaterbabe.com/directory.php
I've been to Classic Yarns of Grafton (in North Grafton) and Creative Warehouse (in Needham). Both aren't too far from Framingham. The Wright Factory Outlet (in Sturbridge) has a knitting section along with fabric, notions and such. It's a pretty big place with some bargains. Webs is a sure thing for great yarn shopping though.
Have fun!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Oh no, you're going to be near Boston, and I won't get to meet you! You sure you don't want to go on a yarn store tour of the city?

I love fraternal twin socks. That's why Opal Hundertwasser is one of my favorite yarns. Your socks will look different, yet they will still match. It's like magic.

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer is flying by... enjoy Boston. And you definitely have to torture your guy and stop at Webs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home