Monday, July 30, 2007

Tough couple of days

Not too bad, but crazy... We went out to celebrate my husband's mother and step-father's 30th wedding anniversary on Friday and came home to our cable box not working. We rebooted and still nothing... hmmm. Maybe cable is out and it'll be back in the morning. Well. My husband and I were trying to catch the last couple of stages of the Tour de France (2 that we recorded on the dvr and the live stage Saturday morning). Still no cable box at 8 am. We had to replace the box with a full hard drive of shows including the whole season of the Sopranos, Entourage, Burn Notice, Traveler, The Closer, and others we just didn't watch since we were watching the Tour all month. Very sad that they can't burn us a copy of what was on there! So we got a new and very empty cable box. Now remember we only have one tv in the house and one box, so with out the box there is no reception for the other 3 channels we get. We are back on track today, but without many shows we were hoping to catch up on in August. Oh well.

This morning we are packing up to head north again to the cabin until Friday. SO I won't post again until the weekend (probably). But I am taking lots of things to do with me. Along with several books I am taking this:

and of course my Zonki socks:


Enjoy your week and I'll catch up in several days! Let's see how much I can get done sitting in the cabin in the peace and quiet!

5 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Bummer about the TV. Technology is great when it works and sucks when it doesn't. Looking forward to seeing how much you get done while you are at the cabin this week.

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have fun!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Wow, a retreat to peace and quiet! How I wish I could take one!

Looks like you have chosen some nice portables to go with you. Looking forward to hearing about your time away!

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Hope you have a nice relaxing time. Nothing like a good book and a good knit.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Batty said...

After the broken box, you can probably use some peace and quiet. Have fun relaxing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home