Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hello, hello

Lots has been happening around us. Of course lots of knitting, crocheting and reading with a little relaxation thrown in for good measure. Man I love summer vacation! We have been away the past few days up north at the cabin. It is so peaceful and quiet being away from people in the the mountains. Hopefully we'll get to go back next week for a few more days too!


As you can see here is what has been keeping be occupied. These are all finished. I finished Monkey socks. Such a nice pattern. I love the CTH yarn. I have two or three more skeins floating around here that I should wind and knit up this summer. Just so smooth and silky feeling. My husband came home with the latest HP7 because I had mentioned that I preordered it online to pick up at the local bookstore... well than I got an email that they were only holding a copy for less than 24 hours! I thought that was crazy! So my lovely husband came across a huge display at Target and bought a copy for me! So sweet! With HP7 checked off, I also worked on my scrap yarn stash and whipped up this cute little ripple afghan to donate later.

I had to take another project with me up to the cabin, so I brought a pattern I had been wanting to start for a while! Zonki!

Aren't they great? I really am enjoying the pattern a great deal. On tap for today is getting caught up with things around the house and working on my latest book and socks! Oh and I should take a look at the garden as well!

5 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

What a nice hubby! Love the socks.

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Monkey socks are wonderful! The blanket is so sweet.
Did you enjoy the new HP book? How nice of your husband to pick it up for you!
The new socks are lovely.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Can't seem to get your pics to load. Must be a blogger bug this morning. The lace sock pattern looks great. I am a big fan of CHT yarn too. Glad you are enjoying your summer.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful socks, both the Monkeys and the Zokni.

How did you like the HP book? I think this one is my new favorite in the series because it's fast-paced, well-edited and has a tight story.

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your monkey socks do look great - and glad you were able to read the book! I loved it, and actually also got my copy at Target LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home