Tuesday, August 14, 2007

SP11 Questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I use all kinds of yarn. My favorite sock yarns are superwash or wool with nylon (I like to use the washer without felting them)... I have many different types have enjoyed alpaca plus any combo alpaca yarns, soft wools, etc. I do use acrlic for charity projects, but I mostly use what I currently have in the stash and several family members have given my their stashes as well.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have several handmade rollups for my dpn, circulars and even my straights have their own container.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for a while, so probably an intermediate level.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes. My Amazon List

5. What's your favorite scent?
I like florals: rose, lavender, lily of the valley.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes. I love chocolate. Not sure if I have one favorite... a simple fav is a Snickers bar or peanut M&M's with salt and sweet aspects!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet, knit, garden and read. I have tried spinning on a drop spindle and really must try again.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I am an alternative girl: Evanessance, The Kooks, Plain white t, Fall out Boy, etc.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like darker colors: greys, black, plum, burgandy, blues, greens. Not the biggest fan of the warm colors: reds, pinks, oranges or yellow.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with a husband, a dog and 2 cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves and mittens.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks! I just am facinated with the different sock yarns and so many patterns out there!

13. What are you knitting right now?
Finishing the weeknd socks and a baby sweater.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like circular more and more. It just depends on the projects.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a ball winder.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
The baby sweater I started on Thurs before our Mass. trip. It will be finished shortly since I really only like one projec at a time.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
I don't know. I always draw a blank for this one. Christmas I guess since I do a lot of holiday baking.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Just sock yarn really.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I currently subscribe to Inteweave Knits... as for things I would love to have/try... handdyed sock yarn and Morehouse Farms just put out the cutest aligator scarf that looked like fun. If I think of anything thing else I'll list it here.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Not that I can think of at the moment.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Oh yes!! I wear a size 7 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?
Aug 14th (today!!)

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Not yet, but as of today I only had about 2843 people ahead of me!

1 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger soapy said...

ohhh your way ahead of me on that list 6000 last I checked!!! YIKES!

Have fun with SP 11!! ;o))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home