Monday, August 13, 2007

We're back!

We are back from our trip into Massachusetts. Our friends live in Framingham and just bought a new house there. It was really cute and lots of fresh paint and pottery-barness furniture. It was a very low key weekend. I basically sat and knit while everyone talked or played with their 14 month old... or while the husbands did a little electrically wiring. I started the socks on Friday as we went out the Mass Pike and now I am up to the toe of the second. I should have stayed up a little later last night, but they have a wacky schedule (eating dinner around 9 every night, so I didn't fell like I could go to bed at a normal time. In order to digest I stayed up way past my bed time!) but last night we ate at 7:30, but I was tired so I didn't knit very much that night... but here they are right now. I will be able to finish these tonight sitting in my own chair!


Today was the best day of the whole trip! We headed back over the Mass Pike to exit 4 and took 91 North to North Hampton! Webs has to be the easiest store to find. As we were driving into the parking lot, I was so excited we found it! We walked the dog a bit to stretch his legs before we entered this fun store. I was going to start in one corner and work my way around, but I got too excited and we went straight to the sock yarns. I found a skein of Tofutsies that was nice and told my hubby to pick out something for him then I went in search of a little something for my secret pal.


My husband picked out some of the new Regia that Kaffe designed (he has very good taste in yarn) and still in the bag is a surprise for secret pal. We walked through all the rooms and the warehouse in back. I didn't want to spend a ton of money since I am really trying to use the stash. I wish I had a project in mind or something since there was so much wonderful yarn every where in that place! I think I did pretty well overall. We stopped at two other places on our trip back: Trader Joe's (in Framingham) and Wild Oats(in Williamstown). We did a little grocery shopping; things that are very hard to find here. What a wonderful selection at TJ's. I wish they would open one in NY closer to us! I guess I will just have to keep emailing them to bring them to us!

When we finally arrived home at 4 this afternoon, I fed the cats, watered the garden and picked things that are ripe, picked up the Sunday paper from the front lawn and grabbed the mail. Secret pal doesn't official start until Wed, but I rec'd my first package!!!!

It is a little mystery package to help celebrate my birthday (which is tomorrow)! I think I am going to LOVE this round of SP! Thanks SP... I will take your challenge and "try" to figure out who you are before SP11 is complete! What fun.

3 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your amazon wish list was current, and that you hadn't gotten the book yet. Glad you're up for my challenge!
X

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Diane said...

ooooooo webs! So jealous!

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!
Webs is overwhelming isn't it. The yarn you got is lovely.
The new socks are wonderful.
Your SP is going to be great! I love that your're being challenged to figure out who it is.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home