Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What an interesting birthday

First thanks for all the nice birthday wishes. It was an interesting day over all yesterday. Since my birthday is in the summer I never liked it as a kid since we weren't in school I could never have a party like everyone else (my parents were/are weird). I have different food issues being vegetarian I never seem to get what I order. I guess you can say that I have bad food karma or something. On birthdays in the past the restaurant we wanted to go to closed, another year different restaurant they changed the name so we couldn't call in an order, another there was the black out where three whole states on the power grid went down... not always the best of luck I guess. Well this year I really have been trying o send out much better vibes into the universe. Maybe I expected too much. Not this year. I planned not to do anything but enjoy the day.

I got up, surfed the net, knitted, ran to JobLots, and enjoyed the afternoon to myself. When I got home there was one message from my library clerk saying that she was thinking of taking a job in the front office instead of staying in the library. She was driving me a little crazy at the end of last year so I would be perfectly happy to have her in a different place... but then again I'd have to interview and train another person! When my husband came home we ordered a delivery of a wonderful Chinese feast of dishes. While we waited I got to open presents from him...

See how lucky I am! I opened a pair of crocs in black and a 30gb ipod! What a crazy and wonderful husband. I totally did not expect those treats! I thought maybe a couple of cds and who knows, but this was more than I could fathom. I am current searching our itunes collections for the perfect music mix and searching the net for a collection of podcasts to download at a later date. Do you have a favorite that I should look into now that I have been able to step into the 21st century?


On the knitting front. I finished my socks... just a plain 3x1 rib with HotSox yarn in this crazy color scheme. I like this rib and the socks fit really well. I started them on Friday and finished them on Monday. I pretty fast pair. Plus I worked up two baby sweaters to put away for the number of women at school who are expecting babies this fall and winter. I think there are five or six and there may be more when I head back in a few weeks.

4 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks are so nice and that is such a cute baby sweater.
Your husband spoiled you! My favorite podcasts are Lime & Violet, Cast On (don't miss the old ones, they are classics.), Stash & Burn and Craftlit. Those alone should give you hours of listening!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger joolee said...

I mostly listen to NPR podcasts and books on CD that I rip into iTunes. I do a lot of driving for work, so this is a lifesaving device for me. I do listen to the KnitPicks podcast, and I have really enjoyed it except for a couple of episodes where she interviewed people.
I will be checking out the ones the other commenter suggests, though. I have been wanting to knit lots lately, but my wrists are bothering the hell out of me, so I just look at others' good work and sigh :(

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Batty said...

What a fabulous birthday! By the way, in addition to both being knitting librarians who go by Batty, our birthdays are only a couple of days apart.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Nerdy Knitter said...

Happy belated birthday! Now we have another thing in common: I'm a knitting librarian who's a vegetarian, too!

AND my husband's birthday is 1 day after yours.

Glad you had a happy day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home