Monday, August 27, 2007

Where did the week go?

I can't believe it is Monday again. I missed two days last week laying in bed with something... fever, migraine, etc... and my husband fell victim as well. Not to mention it was close to 100 degrees and 90% humidity! When we finally felt better, our Internet providers servers crashed so we went without for a day or so... our 20 year old tv died and we don't have anything to replace it with... see we only have one tv in our house to watch in the family room, none in the bedroom or elsewhere. So I caught up on some reading (Water for Elephants = excellent read! and Stardust = Neil Gaimen... ok. I wanted to read it before the movie came out to see if I could buy a copy for our school library... nope. I little racy for those 5Th graders.) I can't knit without something else going on. I tried an audiobook and knitting, but I think I like the visualness of the tv to knit by. Hopefully by tonight we will have a tv from some friends who just bought a new one. Keep your fingers crossed for us! I want to knit!

Now it is Monday. I have done my errands for the day and even a little work. The house is fairly clean and dinner is ready to be grilled later on. I know several of you started pulling your hair at my last post and the mention of the big holiday coming. I tend to do my shopping as early as possible and my holiday knitting long before the due date. Since I last posted, I have started on pair of socks for my husband. Remember I don't get a lot of alone time to knit, so I have to grab whatever time I can while he is out of the house. Plus with starting back to school, I will have to work all day without knitting! So here is the beginning of sock number one:

This is the yarn he picked out on our trip home from Boston at WEBS. It is the Kaffe line from Regia. It is working up fairly quick for a few minutes here and there.

I also started the ILG socks from the latest pattern of the 6SoxKAL.

I have only gotten through one repeat of the cable. It is a little too complicated for me to follow with being under the weather and without my tv. I tend to only do a few rows at a time with all the different cables and stitches to keep track of. I don't think I will enjoy knitting them if I continue the pattern down the foot. I think I may only show the pattern on the leg. I am undecided about it for now. I pulled out Knitpicks Essential in Grey Tweed to make these. I love the yarn and the look.

I finished knitting the little t-shirt for Gracie. It had been blocking for several days (due to my laziness to pick it up). Now it is ready to be stitched together. I hope I can manage that by Sept 14th!


In closing, I have to show you the weirdness of our little cat, Ella. She loves to scoop the food out of the bowl and eat it off the floor. Doesn't matter if Chuck is also at the bowl... but he sure doesn't like it one bit!

4 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Crazy cat!

That Kaffe yarn is really nice.

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I knit while watching too.
I think it took me about 2 times through each section of the ILG socks to feel comfortable knitting them. Of course they've been cast aside now. The yarn you're using is lovely.
We had a dog who liked to pick his food out of the dish and eat it off the floor. It's funny how pets can have such interesting quirks just like people.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Gracie's T-shirt!

 
At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so relieved to read that my cat isn't the only one who likes to scratch her food out of the bowl and eat it off the floor - thanks little Ella ;)
Like you, I absolutely can't knit without having the TV on - okay, audio books work occasionally, but not really, TV is best for knitting along! So, fingers crossed that you'll be getting another one - or a new one - soon! And I sure love the knits you have on your needles these days, great projects indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home