Thursday, August 30, 2007

While DH is away....

I am working away on his Christmas socks. Sadly we had to once again turn in our DVR for a new losing all the things we taped this month we hadn't gotten to yet. SO sad when the phone person and the counter person can really help us or credit our account since this is the third box we have had in a month. With nothing to watch on TV and a whole afternoon to myself I ran to the Public Library and grabbed 5 movies. I got through about 1 and a half before DH arrived home. So I managed a litle bit on his sock. I didn't get anything really good but here's what I watched: Because I said so with Diane Keaton and Mandy Moore and Trust the Man with Julianne Moore, David Duchovny, Billy Crudup and Maggie Gyllenhaal. Both we perfect to knit through without really having to pay attention to the movie or the knitting.

While DH is in the room I have been struggling working hard on my ILG socks... I have to admit, I am not sure that I really truly love gansey. It looks nice, but it is a lot to pay attention to when I am not always one for being on top of the patterns. I will admit that it has gotten easier with repition, but I am not sure that I really love these socks. I am stopping with 2 and half repeats of the pattern to do my own heel and probably straight knitting instead of continuing the pattern down the foot. That way I won't begrudge starting a second sock knowing that I only have to do the pattern on the leg portion. To me it sounds like a great plan.

Nothing much on tap for today. I broke down and went into school on Tuesday to open boxes and get better organized before officially having to be there on Tuesday the 3rd and the kids come in Wednesday the 4th. I will have to dig out last years plans and the books I need for the first week. I really should make another trip in there, but the heat is overwhelming here as of late. I don't want to leave the house. I did a little back to school clothes shopping for myself. I am not a shopper, so once a year I pick up a few more things for my wardrobe. I am never really happy with the selection of clothes available since I am not trendy. I just like comfort without looking like a ragamuffin at work. I have my own style if you can call it that. If it rains later and cools things off, I'd feel better about getting in tthe car and driving in to school to work a few hours, but as of right now, I think I will put my feet up and pop in another movie and work on my Christmas socks.

4 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look great. I know what you mean about ILG. At best at this point I feel obligated to knit ILG. I haven't read the heel/foot part of the pattern yet but from what I've read of the emails it's patterned. I may go for plain.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Your socks are looking good. I love the yarn you are using for the gansey, it is a great color. Hope you are having better luck with your new DVR box. I have quite a few things saved on mine. I would not be happy if I lost them. Have a great weekend.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Your socks are looking great.

I'm like you, I really don't care to shop for clothes at all. Now yarn, that's a different story! : )


I hope you're having a great weekend!

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your socks look fantastic! I sure can understand what you mean about the Gansey - but I'd say, stick through with it, it'll be so worth it in the end! And good luck with the new DVR box!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home