Saturday, September 08, 2007

First week down!

I survived the first week back at school. Actually it is a lot of fun, but a lot of work getting back into the swing of things. I forgot how much I get interrupted during any given day. When I sit down to work on something, I get a call or someone walks in with an immediate need. Which is fine, but I can't guarantee I ever get back to what I walked away from! A little frustrating, but it all keeps me on my toes. I love the first week and seeing how excited the kids are to be back at school. Of course for some it doesn't last long, just until the homework starts. But I do love it! One little boy heading on the bus Friday afternoon shouted too me... I really don't want to go home. I want to stay here forever!. I told him we'll love having him back on Monday. He just loves learning and seeing all the fun things in first grade. So fun!

In a week lots has happened at our house. I walked in on Wednesday to my husband on the floor installing a new computer. Our old one seemed to have died, but I'm not so sure! All it really needed was a new video card, but we have a smashing new computer along with the old one (still on the floor) in the kitchen! He spent a day or so moving over the old files to the new computer, but this one doesn't have a floppy drive. Which wouldn't really be a problem, but my camera has a floppy drive and no way to hook it directly up to the computer. So at the moment I have no way of adding pictures to my picture host or putting them on my blog. Luckily I took one and saved it before this happened so I can at least show you one progress pic.


Now this was my ILG sox from Tuesday. Since then, with no computer at home and no time at school, I actually finished these socks last night. They fit great and I love the grey tweed. I haven't gotten much done on the X-mas socks. Just the cuff on the second sock. I have knitting group next Wednesday so I thought they would be perfect to bring with me to work on. Today I hope to sew up the ribbon t-shirt so I can get it wrapped for Gracie's b-day on Friday! Then I have to pick another project to cast on. Maybe another baby sweater. There are three boys arriving in the next few months and I only have one blue sweater made. Or I could cast on for Gracie's x-mas sweater. I think it is a hooded pullover. We shall see.

4 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Men and computers. Mine is glued to his playing Civ as we speak. It makes it that much easier for you to justify your knitting habit.

Love the ILG socks (hey look, that seems redundant, but it's not!). I just frogged part of my Jaywalker due to irreconcilable differences, but once that is all straightened out, I'm casting on for ILG. I like your purple yarn, it's very nice to see a pattern like that knit in a less traditional color.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Diane said...

You should follow up with that kid in jr high or high school to see if he still would rather stay at school instead of getting on the bus. How friggin cute.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I use and ISB cord with my camera for loading pictures. I like it because I can upload to any computer with USB ports.

Your sock does look good. I need to log-in to the group to check out the pattern.

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That boy is so sweet!
Your socks must be lovely. Unless I get a major burst of inspiration I'm not going to finish the I Love Gansey socks. I just don't love them...
Good luck with the new computer.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home