Saturday, October 13, 2007

For Wanda, et. al

A blog reader has asked twice for me to post the pattern I have used in creating my recorder cases, so here is the recipe I have developed....

Size G hook
Small amounts of worsted weight yarns
Works well with two to three colors from your scrap bag

Pattern:
Chain 3 and join to form ring.

Rnd 1: Crochet 5 sc into the ring.
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each st (10 st)
Rnd 3: sc in first st, 2 sc in next stich around (15 st)
Rnd 4: ch 2 (this counts as first dc) dc in each stich around and join (15 st)
Rnd 5: chain 1, sc in each st around.

Repeat rnds 4 and 5 until case measures 13 1/2 to 14 inches.
Do not cut yarn.

Closure:
row 1: chain 1 sc in next 7 st, turn
row 2: ch 1, skip next st and sc across (6 st)
repeat row 2 until four st remain.
ch 1 skip first st, sc in next st, chain three, 2 sc in last st
turn 4 hdc in the chain loop and slip st to last sc.
Break yarn. Weave in ends.
Almost forgot... I glue a button on for a closure. You can sew one or use a pompom or whatever.

As you can see from previous pictures sometimes I used two colors and do two rows of each color. Other times I just do the sc rows in a different color. You can also use a main color and the sc rows to break up two other contrasting colors. I twist the yarn with the others and just bring it up on the inside. I don't cut the yarns until the end... less ends to work in. Have fun! WOuld love to see what yours looks like if you try this pattern.

2 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much.

Wanda

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home