Sunday, September 30, 2007

Another week gone

I certainly am having a little mental trouble dealing with the fact that tomorrow is October already. I swear I love summer because the time and the days moves along at a snails pace... yet as soon as school starts up, I am always amazed at how fast the days fly right along. Thankfully I have been doing a little Christmas knitting otherwise, I am not sure I would get everything done. Who really wants to start these projects when I actually have the time over the summer.

Here is my sock progress...

They are striping very differently than I thought they would. Plus there seems to be colors in the yarn I just must have not seen until I knitted them. Weird. My hubby will love them once they are wrapped and under the tree. I got the whole cuff and leg complete at last Wednesday's knit night a friend hosts. Usually it is once a month, but she held two this month and it is really helping me get the 2 pairs of socks completed. Hubby is working away from home the next couple of days, so I really hope to get at least one whole sock completed.

Other than this I have been making recorder cases. I have another 2 dozen done as of this morning. They are really mindless at this point. At least the pattern seems to be, but trying to come up with different color patterns to make each one slightly different so none of them are exactly the same is really too difficult at this point. I have a few more shows on the dvr that I can sit and watch and whip up some more to deliver tomorrow to school. I am crocheting them all, so I am really having a knitting withdrawal! I can't wait to see what the 6Sox new KAL pattern is when it is revealed tomorrow. It is with DK weight yarn, so that should be a fast and I won't say easy pattern, but I am looking for to that coming out on the 1st. Then the "Secret of the Stole" first clue comes out on the 5th! Just in time for a long weekend! I guess I can get my knitting fix then and keep on crocheting a few more cases for the kids.

3 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I joined the Secret of the Stole Along too. I don't think I'm going to be able to start it until later, though because I've got so much going already. I'm looking forward to seeing the pattern unfold.

More cheers to you for trying to make each recorder case unique.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I like the stiping of that yarn. It is always a mystery as to what it will look like. I have been surprised on a few occasions. I have been reading quite a bit these days. Did you read "The Red Tent"? I just loved it and hated for it to end. I am reading a Nicholas Sparks called "Dear John". It is just a nice light read.I have your mittens tucked away for my tree this year :)

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is surprising and very nice!
I hope the new Six Sox pattern grabs my attention. I'll have to buy yarn for it. I'm disappointed in myself for not knitting the last one.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home