Monday, September 24, 2007

Scraps, scraps and more scraps!


Here are 24 recorder cases for school. I have been using odd ball skeins and some scraps for these crazy creatures. I think I have 36 complete for the incoming 3rd graders. Sadly there are about 85 students, and I don't want to make any more cases until next year! Yikes. Luckily I have until around Oct 5th or so to get some more done.

So I took a break and cast these:

More x-mas socks for my hubby. He picked out this yarn on our trip to Bennington, VT to visit The Naked Sheep before they closed their retail shop. We had a fun trip and hopefully these socks will remind him of our travels. I have never used this type/brand of yarn before, but it looked interesting and they were in his colors.

I just got home from Open House at school. No one ever wants to talk to the librarian, but I got to show my face. There were a lot of new parents... a few that I went to HS with and they now have children that I am teaching. It just seems weird knowing I don't have any children and they have several. Just funny in my own head.

7 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lucky children to recieve such beautiful handmade cases. I have to say that I don't blame you for not wanting to do more!
x

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Diane said...

I've used that yarn a couple times. Softens well when washed and the colors look better knit than they do in the ball.

Great job on those recorder covers.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Kathy in San Jose said...

At our Back-to-school night, I talked with a lot of parents of all grades. Then, since our 4th graders have a regularly scheduled library class on Mondays, I got all the 4th grade parents through the library that night as they followed a typical Monday schedule.

Kudos on making recorder cases for all the kids. I can always tell when the recorders have been handed out to the 5th graders. "When the saints go marching in" gets old after a while!

 
At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you mind sharing the pattern? I would like to make them for my twin boys.

Thanks.

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The recorder cases are great! The kids will be thrilled.
The yarn for your husband's socks is really nice. I didn't know the Naked Sheep closed their retail store. How sad. I was there once but have ordered from them online a few times.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

What a great job on all those recorder covers. I am sure the children will love them.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Wow, 85 recorder covers! I was impressed with 36! Is there anyone that can help you?

I really like the way your husbands sock is looking. It's funny how different yarn can look from the skein/ball to the actual knitted item.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home