Saturday, October 20, 2007

Good news for this weekend!

A fellow knitter asked if I wanted to head down to Rhinebeck on Sunday. DO I? well of course that is a yes! We are heading south for an afternoon in heaven. I have yet to go and I am totally looking forward to this unexpected journey~! I hope I can keep myself some what contained! I'll let you know when I get back.

I was blog surfing this mornign and came across this really cute pattern for a bat scarf! How fun is that?

I haven't taken any pictures as of this morning, but since I was at a workshop/lecture all day yesterday I brought my husband's x-mas socks to work on. Good news is I finished them. The bad news is I finished them at 10:30 am and still had several hours to sit with idle hands. My brain didn't concentrate very well after 10:30. I also finished clue 2 form Secret of the Stole. Clue 3 came out yesterday, so I am keeping up pretty well. I would like to have this clue finished before the next comes out though. I also cast on for a scarf for a friend. He has been asking me for a while to make him one. I cast on last night to try the pattern so I could bring it in the car tomorrow for our 2 hour ride to Rhinebeck! Can you tell I am a little excited?

Thanks for all the fun comments about faster Internet connection and service. I had fun last night with a few podcasts. Weirdly enough the workshop I attended yesterday was all about our kids today are "digital natives" and people who haven't grown up in the digital age are really "digital immigrants" As most teachers at the workshop, they would consider themselves immigrants in this digital world. It was interesting to think about the differences kids have at thier fingertips that many adults never had or some can eve imagine.

3 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun at Rhinebeck!!! Buy lots of yarn and stuff. Eat junk food. Then tell us all about it!
The scarf pattern is adorable. I may have to put that on my to do list.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEA! Rhinebeck, have a great time!X

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Have fun at Rhinebeck, and thank you so much for posting the bat scarf pattern link! It has been duly bookmarked, and I'll have to start knitting this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home