Sunday, November 04, 2007

No furnace wars here...

Thankfully we have a nice furnace and yes I have bumped the heat a little bit in the mornings and in the evenings, but I don't push it past 60 degrees right now or much higher in the winter. We use blankets and sweaters here. I have made many blankets in addition to the fleeces and heated throw I got last Christmas. SHE can keep the furnace wars... we have enough issues today. Husband and I went out for Breakfast this morning (one of the worst I have had in a while... shoulda had the french toast instead of the omelet, but I digress)... I went to wash the pots from last night's dinner to find no hot water! None! It all made sense... my shower yesterday was very cold toward the end there, but I thought I had used it up doing some cleaning yesterday... nope... the hot water heater rusted out the bottom and started dripping and put out the pilot light.... Yes it was 9:30 on a Sunday morning when we were hit with this reality! Lucky for us, we know some plumber friends. We made a quick call thinking that they might have time tomorrow to help replace the heater. Well thankfully they had time today! Husband and I went to Lowe's to purchase a new one and the men are working in our little underground railroad of a basement. So I should be able to take a warm shower later and tomorrow morning! (the more important of the two!)

I also wanted to show you the scarf askew I finished:

Pattern can be found at MagKnits
It worked up really quick but it is a 12 row pattern that I did memorize after a while. Also in the pic is a 4x4 rib hat that came from leaflet that a magazine sent a while back. It is a little loose, but hopefully he won't mind. The yarn is Knit Picks Decadence in coal. It is the softest yarn I have ever used!

Here is the beginnings of the latest 6Sox pattern:

I have the toe on the first to finish. These worked up really quick since it is on size 5 needles. I only did a chart and a half since I liked the length of them as is. Should have them finished soon enough. Then it is back to the secret stole.

The LYS was having a 20% off sale for their 4 yr anniversary, so I made a stop yesterday.

I picked up some Claudia's handpainted in Toast. I have been wanting this for a while, so I figured why not right?

5 Comments:

At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's some real goodies you had to show here - I absolutely love the scarf, and the yarn is so beautiful too!

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have plumber friends!!
The scarf and hat are lovely!
The yarn you bought is so pretty. Don't you love a sale at the LYS!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Batty said...

60 degrees? Goodness, how do you keep from turning into a block of ice? I know, sweaters, but... 60 degrees! Wow, you're amazing.

I like the socks. And that looks like nice, affordable LB yarn you're using. I was thinking of giving this pattern a pass, but now that I've seen it in turquoise with white intarsia, I really like it.

Pretty sock yarn, by the way. Yum, toast.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger KT said...

Here's something to cheer you up: You won my contest! Pop over to my blog to leave me your email (which I'll delete once I've written you) and we'll figure out la shipping... KT

(knitwithkt.blogspot.com)

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I like the Askew scarf. I've been debating about making a scarf since it would be portable and useful.

Nice find on the Claudia's Handpainted! I have a couple of gift certificates I need to use. I'm hoping when I take them to my LYS there will be a nice sale going there too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home