Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Well after a holiday

Thanksgiving was fine and so was our second dinner on Sunday. We are having leftovers again tonight, then I'll begin to cook again. Everyone seemed to be sick on Thanksgiving, so I have been a little under the weather. Just a cold so not too bad... just annoying. It feels like forever since I last posted. I haven't been on the computer much at home lately and have a lot of blog reading to catch up on.

On a more positive note, I have been knitting and finishing projects. I finished my Secret of the Stole. I even signed on for round two!

Right now it is bocking. I can only do half a t a time though. So tomorrow I will switch sides. I never really looked at the type of yarn I was using, just that it was on a cone and in my stash. When I picked it up to put it away... I saw that the label was cashmere! I wondered why it was so soft!

I was also able to knit and put together a little caftan sweater for my little niece for Christmas. I am undecided whether I want to sew some small flowers around the neckline or leave it plan. I'll have to keep looking at it and decide soon.


This morning I was able to cast on for a ballet sweater for our other niece who is 3 and loving ballet class. I hope I have enough yarn to make some legwarmers!~ She will look so adorable! Ok. I am off to catch up on a few blogs before I reheat some dinner!

7 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Your stole looks good. I never managed to cast-on. I'm so embarrassed!

I think your caftan looks cute without the flowers but most little girls adore flowers. I'm sure it will be appreciated, no matter what you decide.

 
At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you had the cold - sending over lots of well wishes and hope you're much, much better by now!
I love your knits, you've been so productive lately - especially the stole is so beautiful! The colorway you chose makes it all the more special - and it's such a lovely pattern!

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stole is cashmere! Heavenly!!
The sweater for your niece is lovely.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stole is going to be a show stopper when you wear it out! Fabulous job!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Cashmere stole, how dreamy! And it's the perfect red for holiday parties. All your co-workers and friends will be following you around coveting your stole, you'll have to watch it like a hawk!

I like the sweater as is, but I think it would also look cute with embroidered daisies around the neckline. Put it away for a day, then look at it again and see what you think.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh a red cashmere stole!! Gorgeous!

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh just gorgeous! I do hope you're feeling better, and man does that shawl look great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home