Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'm still here!~

It was another crazy week. Hubby took the camera to work this week, so I don't have a picture of completed shrug to show or the current socks. I will post pictures before the end of the long weekend.

As you know I have been trying to use my stash. Wow is it ever hard! I usually can do it with no trouble and without adding to it. But when you "commit" to several places stating you won't add new yarn and use what you have... it is a lot harder this time around! Since the beginning of the year though I have not purchased any new yarn, made one scarf and one shrug and used 7 skeins of yarn which = 1050 yards of yarn from stash. My plan was to knit a mile in Jan. so 1 mile = 1760 yards of which I have knitted 1050 yards... so just 710 yards to go in the next 2 weeks or so! Not bad really.

For the current socks I was planning on using the latest 6Sox pattern, but I really don't think I would like them. SO I cast on for a ped type sock with some left over skeins. I am closing the toe on the first one and will have to figure out the yardage on the sock yarn to add to my total so far.

Next I think I will finally start the BSJ! I have some baby yarn that I will double to make a bit thinker fabric. I really want to cast on for the jacket now, but I will finish the socks first. Pictures to come shortly! As soon as I lay my hands on the camera!

I will leave you with a picture of my niece in the pink caftan sweater and hat I made for her for Christmas. It looks so adorable on her!

6 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your niece is so cute and the sweater and hat look wonderful!
I think you're doing great not buying yarn and using your stash. I just couldn't make that kind of commitment.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Kathy in San Jose said...

Cute niece sweater!

I'm trying to work more out of stash, but as large as it is, often the next project requires something that I don't have enough of or what's there isn't the right color or weight... But I really like the mile-a-month idea. That's a reasonable, concrete goal. However, it would take me a few years to use up the stash at that rate!

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is just so darn cute, especially in the hat and sweater!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Your niece is incredibly cute in her sweater. Great job!

Why is it that stating you won't do something makes you want to do it all the more? I've found myself looking at pictures of yarn all over the internet. It's so hard.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Your niece looks adorable in the sweater, and she looks happy to have such a cute sweater to wear!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Diane said...

What a pretty little girl. Love the sweater and hat on her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home