Sunday, December 30, 2007

I really tried, but...

Knitting for myself didn't last too long. One project really...

Here are my finished gloves. I even got to wear them out in the car a few days ago. They are nice, but the next pair might have to be on smaller needles. Or maybe I'll get used to the larger knit stitches like my first pair of socks... But I love them all the same.

So once I finished the gloves, I cast on for a hat.

The hat is for a friend who asked me to match a scarf he has. The original hat has been lost, so I used the Yarn Harlot's pattern for the Unoriginal Hat. It was fast and easy and looks great on too!

After the last post, I realized that I never showed you my latest books that I bought before Christmas or my holiday gifts!

Here are son of SNB and a bargain Kaffe book I grabbed for $1.99! I will never use this book, but for that price, I had to pick it up! I have already used the Son of SNB book for the Mistaken rib hat I made for my nephew. My husband loves the argyle scarf on the front. Me too! So there might be a few of those in my future!


These are Christmas gifts from my sister. Royal Cashmere yarn from discontinuedyarn.com in sage with a scarf pattern to use with it, plus the latest Yarn Girls Guide Book for older kids. This will come in handy over the next few years for my younger nieces who are getting older but aren't quite 2 or 4 yet.

5 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

You need to knit more for yourself! Maybe you can make yourself a hat to match your gloves.

Nice gifts from your sister!

Hope you had a wondeful Christmas!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

You did a great job on your gloves and the hat. The books are great ... and what a sister to send such a lovely and knitterly gift!

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you have to ease into knitting for yourself. The gloves are wonderful.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Nice bargain!

I really like the gloves, and the hat will match them perfectly. Don't let one sizing issue keep you from knitting more for yourself. The more you knit for yourself, the better you'll get at it, and then you'll just know how many needle sizes to go down.

Me, I just discovered that going down 2 needle sizes for Fetchings just isn't enough. Darn tiny hands.

Have a happy New Year, and knit more stuff for yourself!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Marisol said...

Happy New Year,
An update on the november color swap, after reading and looking thru your blog, i am very happy that you would really enjoy for swap gift, again sorry for the delay i got myself involve in more than i can handle during the xmas time, plus not feeling well did not help. Your package will be in the mail on Friday. Will email you again. thanks for your package, tonight i will be posting pictures on my blog,, thank you so much,, happy new year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home