Sunday, April 06, 2008

A beautiful day

The sun has been shining for two days and almost all the snow is off the lawn... except for the corners and the shadows. I mailed off the taxes and have gotten a lot done around the house. Some cooking including making some ice cream!! Yum! I finished my bokclub book early this time which is great! We read "Shoot the Moon" by Billie Letts (you might have read "Where the Heart Is"). If you like Jodie Picoult, then you will like this book too.

I even got out to take some pictures of my finished afghan while the sun is out.
apr6b

apr6a

apr6aa

It is so large! It would definatey cover a queen size bed. It is heavy too if the whole this is in your lap too! I am glad it is done though. I think my crochet craving is over for a bit though. This was a big project to get in.

I volunteered to work on a shawl for a retiring co-worker. I wanted to get my half done so I can hand it off on Wed at our meeting afterschool...
apr6d
It may not look like much as this ball of knitwear, but it is coming along nicely. I had some homespun in the stash and with size 13 needles, this project has been moving right along especially in all knit stitches.

My socks have kind of been on hold for a while..
apr6c
but as you can see thy have gotten a little longer. I have done one set of increases. I should pick them up again now that the shawl and afghan are FOs.

2 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Your crochet obsession has certainly produced some beautiful projects.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl and afghan are lovely. I am simply amazed by the afghan. It is stunning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home