Thursday, April 10, 2008

Taking a break

no not from blogging... just my big basin socks. I am a little frustrated with them and need to set them down for a bit. I have no idea if I am doing the right thing or not. I have the designer willing to help, so I am going to sit down over the weeknd and do some measurements so she can help me out. I love the yarn and the design, but maybe the actually pattern or sock construction isn't my thing. Actually I haven't really liked the patterns that have been out for the kal. The latest is another toe up and well... I am not a huge fan. The butterfly pattern is ok, but I don't see myself in the cuff that is written for the sock. I really should just pulled out some yarn and cast on for one that I really want to make for myself!

I pulled out some chunky yarn from the stash and cst on for a small child's hooded cardigan from the lionbrand site. It is cute and I had yarn to use. The back is done and I cast on for the two front pieces this morning. Should be a quick one in chunky yarn.

Thanks for the wonderful and ever so kind comments on my newly finished crocheted rose afghan. It is a work of art or at least from its picture it looks that way.

Tonight I am off to bookclub and will post again soon when I take a picture of my kid cardigan.

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Briley said...

The rose afghan is stunning!

Do you have the Cat Bordhi "New pathways" book. It certainly is the cure for the common sock pattern, but it is mostly toe-up.

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your Big Basin socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home