Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yesterday was for me!

I had a truly lovely day yesterday! It was all aout me! I ran into Saratoga Springs for a hair cut! Love it BTW- it was getting heavy since I hadn't even had a trim in five months! I walked all over downtown Saratoga..

We have a cute little downtown with lots of stores and restaurants. Ater my haircut I went to the LYS on broadway and picked up just a few odds and ends...
apr16
Each of these single skeins was 50 percent off. They are each only 50 grams, but I can mix and match or work into a pattern or something good.. These were less than $21!! Not bad really.

After the yarn stoe I walked to the public library where I browsed through the "Book Bag" shop which is all used books. I came away with a couple of coxy mysteries. I could have bought so much more! I sat down to read for a bit and then motored to Border's to meet a friend for lunch. I found a CD that my husband wanted so I bought it for his upcoming birthday. From there we walked to Brugger's Bagels and had a sandwich. We visited several other stores mostly window shopping until around 3pm. By then I was exhausted! My day started when I left the house around 9:30 am. Walking around the city drained me, but boy was it fun!

Today I hung mostly at home and did lots of yard work, put in some new strawberry plants, and cleanaed very little inside the house! So much for my room a day theory I was hoping to test out this week! I have been working on Airy Fairy from the Zoe Mueller book Knitted Toys. I used waht is in my stash for my niece. Not sure when it wil be for, but I wanted to try the pattern.
apr16a

So far pretty cute and very easy! I want to try a few more stuffed animal projects and see what I can do. I am not really a small piece, sew together kind of crafter, but these may change my mind if they come out well.


PS. Thanks for the comment Nancy on my last post. Oh yes, I have read Maggie Sefton's books. I read just about any cozy mystery and especially ones with a little knitting or crafting thrown in for good measure!

2 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

You haved such great finds.

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day!
Air Fairy is going to be so cute. Your niece will love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home