Monday, May 26, 2008

Stay-cation

I had a little mini vacation away from work for 4 days. Many people go out of town for the long holiday weekend, but not me. I love a good stay-cation! I got a lot done around the house.

My vegetable garden is planted with tomatoes, squashes, cucumbers, peppers, lettuce and peas. There may be more we'll have to wait and see. Since gas here is over $4.00 a gallon, a stay-cation sounded great to me! I got errands done Friday and Sunday, but otherwise I was here at the house. Three books got finished a long with a pair of socks...

may26

may26a

These lovely are Tidal Wave. I love, love love the pattern. The repeat was easy to pick up and even memorize! They were fast too! The colors in the photos don't seem quite right though... They are more of a burgundy and dark fuchsia colorway. I love the fit and the subtle striping of this yarn! It is Socka by Stahl sche Wolle #9127. I have a grey version of the same yarn and I loved that too! I will have to continue to look for this yarn! I do love the surprise colors!

I was able to take to dog for a little hike around the nearby park. I love going there. It is usually quite with little foot travel and lots of flora and fauna! I was finally able to find a pink lady slipper. They are hard to find in the woods, but I finally caught one in bloom.
ladyslipper
I was also able to find some wild lupine and other small wildflowers. Plus a beaver, woodpecker and many songbirds were heard too!

Tomorrow I head back to work. A short week ad that will lead us to June. So it looks like about 4 weeks until summer vacation. Today is in the 80's so I hope it cools down a bit. School is not a fun place with high temps. Especially with a month to go. Hope everyone had a lovely Memorial Day Weekend! I trust you are all out next to the barb-b-cue... I will be shortly!

3 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Briley said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I had the same soft of weekend, staying home and getting caught up on unfinished projects. The socks looks wonderful. I haven't tried that yarn yet, but I do have some in my stash. I'll have to di it out.

 
At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I commented on one of your older posts instead of this latest one by mistake. I just recently came across your blog and love reading it. You mention that you finished a book but don't usually give the title - please do as I'm always looking for good reads.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Hanna said...

your tidal wave socks are lovely. A stay-cation sounds lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home