Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Almost a long weekend

This is a tough week at school. The weather is cooler, but the kids and many adults seem to be on summer break mentally already. We still have several weeks, but not much seems to get done. I am being pulled in many different directions, so I am really looking forward to having Friday and Monday off this weekend! I plan to get my plants for the garden and get those in. I have been enjoying asparagus over the past two weeks or so. They like the colloer weather, so I shhould be harvesting for another little bit or so. My husband doesn't like it, so it is all for me! Last weeknd I got in the dahlias and some herbs, so I am in a good place in the garden.

Lucky me. My lovely husband came home last week with a new camera for me! It isn't my birthday -- Yet! I figured he'd get one then, but he just showed up with a cute one! So I have been taking pictures, but haven't had a minute to hook the camera up to the computer to get them off...
lilacs

Our lilacs are lovely this year, better than they have been in a few years, so I have several pictures with them. The whole backyard smells lovely!

I quickly pulled out all of my lionbrand homespun yarn and made two blankets to take with me to a blanket meeting on SUnday..
may19
I still have enough skeins to make one more blanket. The picture doesn't do them justice but I was in a hurry to pack them.

You'll be so proud of me. I ripped out a project! The big basin socks were frogged! I really liked the yarn and the pattern was nice, but I couldn't follow it very well, so I pulled it all out and cast on for the Tidalwave socks from tofutsie. It is a lovely pattern! I am almost done with one cuff/leg. Much faster than the BB toe up sock. Will post pics soon. Now that I have a new easy camea I am golden!

3 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Kathy in San Jose said...

I know what you mean about the crazy kids at this time of the year. We've got 2-1/2 weeks left and I think many of them are already mentally gone!

How long did it take you to make each blanket? Are they double-stranded?

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blankets are wonderful.
Our lilacs are better than usual this year too. They smell so good too.
Good for you ripping the socks. Sometimes it's the right thing to do.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog - just found it recently. You mention finishing books but don't usually mention the titles. i would love to know because I'm always looking for good reads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home