Thursday, June 26, 2008

Heading out of tedious toward completion

Yes, it is true. I was able to complete the first socks and seem to be flying right along on the second. The pattern sequence is now memorized and I just have to keep track of the rows and not what the stitch pattern is...
jun25
I love the color of this yarn and the pattern is now just ok. I really loved the look in the book, but in person maybe for my foot and leg there is too much sock and not enough stretch. If I had used a sz 1 dpn it might look more like the book picture. Oh well. I am heading toward home the toe and well on my way to completion!

I took these socks to Knit Night last night. It may be the last for a while. Our host is heading off to Ireland for a year. I know! Who wouldn't be jealous of that!?! She is off to study music in Dublin. And most likely find some wonderful yarns! I may have to ask her to send care packages to us instead of the other way around! So as usual I didn't get much knit, just the heel flap... we eat dinner first and get distracted by babies and other projects, and I never get done as much as I thought that I would or should. I always come home and knit a little more before bed and fill in the hubby on the latest from the ladies.

Well yesterday was the children's last day of school and I had meetings and clean up today, but now I am home and it is official! I am on SuMmEr VaCaTiOn!! Wahoo! Of course after last night, two people were working on Christmas gifts! Yikes! And I was puttering right along on socks for myself! Then I thought that maybe I should be casting on for my September & October birthdays... One niece will be four YO and my MIL is in Oct... I don't know what to make for Gracie (I was thinking a sweater for preschool) and I want to make clapotis for my MIL out of recycled sari silk... We are heading out for a few days up north starting Sunday, so I should decide what I am going to be working on over the next day or so! Otherwise it will be socks! But there's nothing wrong with that!

5 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger sara said...

Enjoy the first few days of Summer Vacay and knit what you want. Then you can knit for others. Personally, I find it very rude when people begin holiday knitting in June and July. *grin*

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy vacation!! It's so nice to be able to relax and lounge a bit.
You should knit Gracie a cardigan so she can take it off and put it on herself. It would be perfect for school.
The socks look great! I find I tend to hate everything I knit when I get to the nearly done point but once it's done I'm much happier with it.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Kathy in San Jose said...

Have a wonderful, relaxing summer! Mine so far has been pretty good, and I'm at ALA for the next couple days. Lots of knitting getting done during sessions!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Looks good. Enjoy your summer vacation!

 
At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Bobbi said...

Great reading your blog postt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home