Friday, June 13, 2008

Weekend comith

Thankfully the weekend is here. Fridays never looked so good. All my afternoon classes had substitutes so when they arrived at the library door, they were CRAZY! I know they are excite, so am I for that matter, but they were bouncing literally through the library! So I am happy to see Friday. Hubby is away in Boston this weekend. Just called from "Great woods" which I think is now the Tweeter Center? His b-day present from a college roommate to see REM and Modest Mouse. He was really looking forward to it. The trip out route 2 only took 4 hours. Yikes! Hope he has fun.

I have lots of pictures today. I finished my Thuja Socks from Knitty...
jun13a
Koigu is beautiful yarn. This is the first tie I used it. I should have done toe up socks so that I could use up every bit of this goodness, but I did pretty well with the planning and only have a little bit left from each skein. Don't you just love the colors?

I have been fascinated with market bags lately and will probably try out 20 patterns over the summer, but I crochet a very quick one the other day..
jun13b
I used up some blue and cream cotton and the bag is pretty sturdy. Used it at the farmer's market on Thursday.

During the month of May I participated in a Market bag swap over on Ravelry. I rec'd this fun package from the great state of Vermont!
jun13c
Lovely patterns and yarns were including along with a fun other goodies: candle, bee balm and soap! Thanks!

Now you know I have been trying to use up the stash I have in the house. I wanted to work it all down to a manageable room/closet and not more than that. Well, I just got back from a friends house, her mom past away about 9 months ago and this is garage sale weekend here in town. She asked me to stop over and see what I wanted of her mom's craft stash.
jun13
Crazy isn't it! And I left stuff there! I have restocked my yarn for blankets and odd projects, but look at it all. There are three bins of acrylic, novelty, cotton, thread, sock yarn and more! It is crazy! I even got some needles and small crochet hooks, plus a few quilt supplies! I really haven't even looked through it all I am only telling you what is on top that I can see! They also asked if I could finish one of the projects her mom started for her sister to keep. So that is the crochet quilt afghan in the corner. All the yarn is there, so I will take it out and put the pieces together for the family. It was fun to go through the stuff after the crazy day! It feels like Christmas with all these goodies!! Can you imagine what I left there!! She loved to shop and make things for everyone! I didn't take any of the cross stitch or needlepoint projects half of which weren't even opened! Latch hook, bedspread projects and more! I think I will go open the crates and see what surprises are in there for me to enjoy!

6 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger sara said...

O...M...G! I love the quilt look crochet blocks in the bottom right and corner!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Plain Jane said...

What a haul!!! Congratulations.. I've been on the look-out at garage sales for yarn for our K4 (Krazy Kool Knitters & Krocheters) charity group. I came home from a week at my daughter's in California to find a similar stash that my DH had found at garage sales in my absence. It's going to keep our group working for quite a while.

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are lovely. Koigu is a favorite yarn of mine. The colors are so beautiful and the feel so soft. All around a perfect yarn.
I too have been looking at market bags. Yours is fabulous.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Batty said...

What a haul! And you've actually been knitting. I'm impressed. With the heat, 3 business trips in 3 weeks, and a general feeling of slumped-ness, I haven't gotten anything done.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Diane said...

I love your socks. Beautiful!

Looks like you'll have enough yarn to keep you busy for a while. Not long while because you are a very fast crafter. lol

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Hi,
I found your blog through Ravelry. Love the socks!
I'm fasola4mi on Ravelry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home