Thursday, August 07, 2008

Clean bill of health

We took Bailey back to the vet's office to have his stitches removed two days ago. Dr. M said everything looked great now. Thank you!! It was rough going there with his surgery and the infection. Now his is good as new. We celebrated by taking a little hike/walk yesterday to stretch every one's legs. I forgot how much I missed walking with him at our little nature park. It has clearly been over a month since we all walked. A little family bonding.

Beside working on baby sweaters to donate, I have also been working on a blanket for a friend whose mother passed away. I received all of her yarn at the end of June with one stipulation. Finish the blanket she started. Here's how I got everything...
july24
There were some odds and ends, little pieces, some sewn together, some bigger than others and all the extra yarn to work on it.

aug3a
And work I have! This this is so large. I know the pattern said bedspread, but seriously it could fit a king and a half! This piece is larger than my couch right now! So far I have about 6 rows sewn together and these:
aug7
20 more pieces to put on once the white part is added. The pattern is really simple and each diamond doesn't take too long. But sewing them all together is sort of a nightmare. She bought Red heart no dye lot yarn... is there a difference in color? Yes, yes there is. I am hoping that the recipient really doesn't notice the subtle color variation as much as I do. It is coming along well and I would like to be done with it by the end of the month. Can I do it? I sure hope so!

I saw a yarn sale last week at Red Bird Knits and bought these lovelies...
aug7a
I was excited to see the Noro sock yarn in person. I hope I will like using it! The sale was a good one. I should have ordered more, but this is good for now since I also ordered from Webs as well.

3 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger sara said...

WOW!!! Great beadspread!

So glad to hear Bailey's got a clean bill o health!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Diane said...

I'm sure the recipient will be so thrilled to get this bedspread that he/she will never even notice. We're all too picky about stuff that no one else cares about.

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That will be an amazing bedspread. I'm sure it will be well loved.
I'm so glad to hear the Bailey is fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home