Monday, July 28, 2008

What to do about this?

I had this great idea to make my sound to be 4 year old niece a bolero for her birthday in September. I came across a cute pattern in "Lionbrands - Just Gifts". The example is made with "romance yarn", but I didn't like working with that yarn so I thought I would look through my stash and see what else I had to use. I found four skeins of Moda Dea - Tutu. Now I am sure this is really more for scarves and fur cuffs, but it is in bubblegum pink, so I thought I would give it a try...
july27

My husband thinks it is "too much fluff"... but I would like to see if I can finish the sweater and see how it looks after it is complete before I decide to wrap it up as a gift. The yarn is so very soft! The little pieces of fluff do get in the way a bit, but I am not sure I will like it as an over all sweater. I am having a hard time sitting and knitting this one from start to finish... any thoughts?

6 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were you I'd finish it and gift it. There is nothing little girls like better than something that is frilly. Your niece will think she's a princess when she wears it.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Kathy in San Jose said...

4-year olds...pink fluff...you need to finish it for her, like Karen said.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger sara said...

I agree, 4 year olds LOVE that kind of stuff. I think it is perfect.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Briley said...

I agree with all of the above statments. I made two of my nieces scarves out of fluffy novelty yarn, and they look for excuses to wear them even in the summer!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Plain Jane said...

I think that 4 year old girls & "fluff" go together.. She's going to love it!

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Mamere Knits Too Much said...

yep! agree with everyone else, need to finish it. she will love it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home