Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

I started my day with some blueberry pancakes...
aug14
because I felt like it. It is a little cloudy here today and rain might be in the forecast, but that won't put a damper on the day. My husband comes home from his several days of camping while I enjoyed several solo days of stay-cation here at home. I know some people don't like being alone or spending time alone, but I love having the house to myself!

I received a lovely b-day swap package yesterday from a co-celebrator over at Ravelry
aug14b
Look at all this fun stuff! A very nice birthday package! I love the yarn and something I have never seen before... tiny sz 3 circular needle for socks! I want to use it right now!! Plus chocolate and books. Who wouldn't love these goodies!

aug14c
The colors of the yarn are amazing. I have never seen this brand in my LYS, but I am happy to have it in my house. Plus she printed off several patterns (all of them I would like to make!) and tied them with ribbon! Such a great idea!!

Now since it is still early and before the rain comes I think I will drag this guy:
aug14a
Out for a walk in the nature park. Which he will love. Just have to make sure I put on lots of bug spray!

4 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Kathy in San Jose said...

Go ahead, start some socks with your new needles. After all, it's your birthday, do what you want!

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a wonderful day.
You got a lovely package. The yarn is yummy.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Happy belated Birthday to you. The pancakes look yummy.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Third Street Ravelers said...

Happy Birthday!

from Nyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home