Monday, September 01, 2008

Back to school September

Happy September First! I figured this might be my last little bit of time before I head back to work tomorrow to give the blog the last shout of summer! I have several meetings tomorrow with the district and with our our school faclty, not to mention seeing everyone and getting ready for the kids on Wednesday. A full day none the less.

Yesterday I pulled out my second pair of Christmas socks to knit on while hubby was off on a bike ride. I got through the cuff, past the heel and gusset and am working on the foot. I would like to get these and another pair done to wrap up for him. I finally got to pop in "The Golden Compass" movie that has been here for a week. Overall interesting. Seemed like a very condensed version of the book. Almost like on fast forward. To me they left out a few details I liked from the book, but overall the scenes were good. Not a kids movie in my eyes at all, more of a preteen/teen selection. But who knows.

I also was finally able to finish the star quilt crocheted bedspread yesterday. I wanted to try to have it done before I went back to school so I wouldn't have to worry about getting it done. I dropped it off today so it is even out of the house and not taking up any more room!
sept1
It literally covers my queen size bed. It is pretty dense and heavy too. Pretty, but I am glad it is finally off my to-do list!

Yesterday I pulled out all the yarn labels I was saving from Jan1, 2008 until Aug 31, 2008:
aug30
Then I tallied up all the yarn I have used in that time...
320.17 ounces = 20/21 pounds
18,346 yards = 10 plus miles!

7 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Kathy in San Jose said...

Beautiful quilt - but it's almost 3.5 miles of yarn, not 10. Did you have millions of ends to work in, or did you cover them as you went?

Good luck for the school year!

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bedspread is just beautiful but I can totally understand why you are glad it's done.
You have used so much yarn! I am amazed.
Good luck at school.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

WOW, love the bedspread, that is quite the undertaking. Thanks for the comment on my blog.

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That quilt is beautiful!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Batty said...

The beadspread is stunning. I don't even know what to say, I'm completely in awe.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Diane said...

The bed spread looks great. What a lot of work!

I can't believe you used that much yarn already this year. I'm such a slacker compared to you.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Anne K. said...

The blanket is breathtaking - seriously, I've never seen anything like it. Congratulations - what an accomplishment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home