Friday, September 05, 2008

Christmas knitting

I know!~ Can you stand it?
sept5a
Working right along on this second pair for hubby. I have never used this brand of sock yarn before and I am loving the subtle stripes. I picked it up from Webs a few months back on a field trip maybe last March. I remember it being a little cold with a little snow on the ground. Hopefully over the next week or so I will finish these up. I was able to complete the first sock at our opening day conferences. I have more yarn set aside to work one pair of scrappy socks with some of his leftovers... mostly oranges.

sept5
Then there are the things I work on in plain sight. These are the zigzag pattern from another knitted sock book that I borrowed from the public library. There are too many books to own so I give many a test run through the library. These are pretty easy, just 2 rows to repeat and one is just knitting.

Thank you, thank you for all the kins words about the star quilt bedspread. I too think it came out lovely. I haven't heard whether the recipient likes it as much as when she first saw it in small pieces. I dropped it off at my sister's house so she could give it to her sister-in-law. I am sure she will love it even if it just to have something her mom was working on before she passed. But thank you for all the lovely words about the spread. It was a lot of work with a lot of ends which yes, I did try to work them in as I went. Plus I left long tails to use for the sewing as well. By the end, I had it all down and memorized. It would make a nice smaller afghan too, maybe with leftover colors. Someday after I do a lot more knitting for me!

2 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look great!! You're lucky to get so much knitting done at work.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Batty said...

You're already starting on your Christmas knitting? Suddenly, I feel like such a slacker. You're way ahead of me there.

The socks look great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home