Friday, December 19, 2008

Another snow day...

Can you believe it? We have a half day snow day today. We had a 2 hour delay earlier in the week and today we went home early. I just made it home before the snow started sticking to the ground. It is crazy out there now. I am sure several of you are being hit by this same storm. It is also the beginning of my Holiday vacation. I am happy for a solid 2 weeks off this year. I feel like I really need a break and hopefully will be energized to go back.

Finished a few more things and now my holiday knitting is complete...
dec19a
This is the thorpe I finally made for myself. I have even worn it several times. It is super soft. I should search for more of this yarn to make matching mittens!

dec19b
This is 2 pairs of ear warmers for when riding a bike in cooler weather. One set is for my husband the other is for a friend's husband.

dec19
Lastly a few more hats to go in the charity box. I ended up making and mailing out a dozen for a local health house that put out the call. They also need mittens, so that might be the next thing I work on.

I have been working on a filet afghan as well in between everything else. I am on about row 40 of 120. Now that I am on vacation, I will most likely be able to finish this up and maybe work on something for myself!

Will post again before Christmas. Happy Holidays is you are busy and not around the net for a bit!

4 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything looks wonderful. Isn't it great to have bonus knitting time.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Briley said...

I hope you have a wonderful vacaction! You must be relieved to have all of the Christmas knitting done. I still have more that I will be able to get done. This is why I usually only give knitted gifts for no occasion surprises.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Batty said...

No snow day here, but I got to go home 40 minutes early to avoid being snowed in. And boy, did we have a lot of snow! Did it keep going on Saturday and Sunday in your neck of the woods too?

Loads of knitting... looks like you were done already, though. My holiday knitting sure could have used an extra day.

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Can you give me a call over the vacation? I can't find you in the book ... and I'm definitely there (no posting phone #'s on the web, scary infringement, etc). Have a very merry!! dz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home