Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Snow Day

Well another freezing rain day, but I thought I would try to use my day off to get a few things done at home. I knew of course that I needed to blog since I haven't since I went back to work. I have finally cast on a sock for me! I worked on so many other projects, I wanted to work on socks (and a few other things for me!)
jan5b
I have never used this Regia in Bamboo before, but I thought it would nice with this crazy pattern. I do not really like following charts, but after going through the chart once, it seems to be moving right along.

I also finished my BSJ that I was working on...
jan5
The blue is electric in the picture, but more subtle in person. Love how this yarn created the stripes. Plus there is a nice blending effect between the colors that shows up nicely in person.

With the rest of my day I hope to accomplish: sweeping the kitchen, vacuuming the downstairs, laundry, cooking basmati rice, a workout, and then maybe some knitting and reading... which of these will I really get done is completely up in the air!

6 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your snow day! We only got a 2 hour delay.
The socks are going to be lovely. I knit some bamboo socks and they are very comfortable to wear.
The BSJ is lovely. The yarn really makes for a striking design.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Kerry said...

Love your Pomatomus! Darn I hope I spelled it right. It's been a long time since I've looked at that pattern. I seriously need to dig those out and finish them.

The BSJ is absolutely amazing! I love how the striping worked out. Just perfect!

The fish hat I showed is now for Dudette. She's worn it to school for the past 2 days and she loves it. I don't think I'd be able to get it away from her now. It was supposed to be for my friend's not quite year old grandson. I'm going to have to cast on a smaller size for him.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Briley said...

I've been in need of a new knitting project for days, and I think you have just inspired me to start a pair of socks!

I love the way the colours transition in the BSJ, very cool!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Jeri said...

your baby surprise jacket is really striking! I love it. Your Pom socks are looking nice too!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Batty said...

I think that is the coolest BSJ I've ever seen. What's the yarn? Did you mention it and I overlooked it?

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger ramalambadingdong said...

couldn't find your email!
You won the drawing for the handmade soap! Send me your address so I can send it to you!
Congratulations, and I hope you will continue reading my blog!
Thanks for participating in the survey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home