Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!

Hope all are happy and healthy at the beginning of this new year. So far it is really cold! Dropped off my car at the garage this morning... forgot to have it inspected when I put on my snow tires a few weeks ago. I noticed on Tuesday that I was running out of time... with the holidays no garage was available until this morning. So with a little free time I am on the computer catching up on various places. This morning I finished my latest book - "Serving Crazy with Curry" - predictable, and now I am craving Indian food since the main character was coking up a storm throughout! I also read cover to cover the latest Knit1 magazine. I guess from the editor's letters that they have a new look. I remember picking this magazine up in the past, but not really liking it... patterns etc... but I think there are 6-8 things in this issue that I would love to make! I really liked it! Too bad the next issue doesn't come out until May!

Thank you all for the wonderful comments on my crocheted filet afghan. It went pretty quick and came out really well. It will be donated to my local charity group to give away. Hope someone loves it!

Moving out of crocheting and back into knitting. I made a little bit of heaven for myself..
jan2
This wonderful and super soft Cashmere scarf. Well more like a neckwarmer. It is a keyhole neckwarmer and I loved wearing it the other day to shop with a friend. I found the cashmere in the 50% off bin, so this was a little treat for me.

after the scarf I cast on for another BJS -
jan2a
The yarn was a little iffy, but I like how it is striping and with the way it is folded, it should look good overall.

3 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Kerry said...

Very nice! You can see the softness of the scarf. :-)

I love the blues for the BSJ. What yarn is that? I think it looks fabulous!

We've started a blog for Adirondack Yarns http://www.adkyarns.blogspot.com/ if you'd like to have a look. I'm thinking of starting FO Fridays for people to send in their photos to post to the blog. Wouldn't need to be knit with yarn from the store, just knit by friends of the store. What do you think?

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The BSJ is going to be beautiful. That yarn looks like it was made to make one.
Your cashmere scarf is heavenly. I bet it feels amazing.
There must be something about the month of December. I was just over a week late renewing my drivers license. Oops!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OOH you have such nice yarn! I really like that blue it is very interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home