Thursday, January 29, 2009

Would you believe

We had more snow yesterday? Plus a snow day. I wanted to get here yesterday since it has been a little while, but I just never sat down to do it. Busy is an understatement these days.

jan29
Here are my finished Pomatomus socks. They are dreamy. I love the bamboo yarn. I haven't actually worn them for more than testing the size, but they are really lovely. When the weather warms a bit and I am not wearing wool, I will slip these lovelies on!

jan29a
I also finished the February sweater pattern by EZ. It was fast and quick compared to the BSJ. I did make a few mistakes on the YOs, but overall it came out pretty well. I do think that the sleeves are very wide and 14 extra stitches may not be really needed. Plus it make the actual sweater very wide. I will try this again on smaller needles and yarn and see how I like it. There are 5 people expecting over the next few months, so I do need to get busy. Not to mention my niece will turn 3 yo in March... what did I cast on? A pair of socks for me!

3 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Absolutely. We had some too, followed by freezing rain. And you got lots of knitting done! Me, I just did a bunch of taxonomy and played with the cats.

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is adorable.
Your socks are fabulous. I have been wanting to knit that pattern.
We got the snow and then rain. Of course the temperature dropped during the night and everything is icy. There was no school yesterday and a 2 hour delay today. I can't wait for spring.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Gloria P. said...

Yes, lots of snow here as well (boston). I use to live in NY and the winter of 02-03 was horrible.

Love that pink sweater; your right never enough hours in the day.

I have 3 Easter Poncho's to make; hope I find the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home