Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Working on baby gifts

Many people around us seem to be expecting in the next few months. I'd say around 8-10 couples right now since we just found out about another last night. So I have been busy with the baby yarn...
feb16
These little cuties were mailed off yesterday along with the matching pink EZ February sweater completed not too long ago. The expectant parents are due at any time, so I wanted to get the gift in the mail.

I have a friend at work who is due around May so:
feb16a
This is the Hemlock throw. I had lots of baby yarn that was gifted a little while back, so I have been trying to use this without new purchases. The throw is almost done and I am ready to cast off today.

So over the next few months you will be seeing lot of baby gifts. Mostly sweaters I imagine, maybe a blanket or two. I'll see what I am up for.

Yesterday was felting day here. I got to felt 2 bags. One knit and the other crochet. Knit seems to work much better. Maybe crocheted is too think to start. The same yarn was used, so that is what I can come up with. Once things are dried and sewn together, I'll post a few pictures.

3 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Gloria P. said...

Nice work...!

Love the slippers where can I find the pattern?

I have only been crocheting for 2 years and still have not attemped slippers but I would like to.

My goal this year is to learn how to knit...I have RA so not sure if holding the two needles will bother my hands??? Only way to tell is to try it..right..!

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! It's fun to knit baby things.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love the slippers and blanket. I still have not blocked my hemlock. Can't wait to see the baby version.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home