Sunday, May 03, 2009

Posting before the next week is up!

Wanted to try to post again before I missed another week or two. I can't believe I let that time fly away.

Finished my petal socks:
may2

They are a Jeannie Townsend pattern - Petal in Happy Feet sock yarn. I do love this yarn. It is wonderful to work with and I love the colorway too. Colors are a little duller in person. What looks like blue on the screen is more grey, which I like They fit great too!



may2a

Finished up another baby sweater and hat set. This is for a friend due in August. I wanted to make sure I had hers done in case something else came up.

I went back to working on my Olympian socks that I cast on during the 2008 Olympics. Sadly I put these down because I wasn't excited about them, but ran across them the other day and thought I should really work on them. I actually have about 3 pairs of socks going now. I started a pair of toe ups last week and have to be in the right frame of mind to start the heel and I have a pair for hubby going too.

I even went and did several more rows on my Ladies Feb sweater too. I know it is going to be much larger than I need, but I do want to finish it.

Karen - made you muffin recipe again this morning, but I put in a 1/3 cup cocoa powder. I t is like biting into a Reese cup! I guess I should put these away for dessert!

3 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Karen said...

Oh cocoa in the muffins is an excellent idea! I shall make some like that at the end of the week when H is home. She loves peanut butter cups.
The socks and sweater are wonderful. You're so good about finishing up things you have hanging around. You'll have your Olympian socks done in no time.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Mmmm, muffins...

Anyhow. Lovely socks, they actually look quite gray on my monitor. That's the magic of technology, the same thing can look so different from monitor to monitor, and sometimes, the yarn you ordered is nothing like you thought it would be when it gets there. Not only do we get packages in the mail, they always have the potential of being (good or bad) surprise packages.

Love the baby set too. So cute.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Just catching up on some long overdue blog reading. Love all the finished things. Your neice is adorable in that pink sweater ... well she's adorable without that pink sweater too come to think of it.

Glad you had fun in NYC. I haven't been in the city in years but I always love going. So many things to see plus all that walking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home