Sunday, June 14, 2009

New month!

Sometimes I surprise myself and can get online at home and multitask. These past few weeks, I just haven't done well with things. I have been a little overtired and have let many things fall by the wayside! Yikes. School is coming to a close. We just have this week and next, then I'll be on summer vacation. I am really looking forward to it. I really just want to be able to get up, have a cup of coffee and stay in my comfy clothes until late morning! Soon.

My garden is doing pretty well. I have been picking lots of asparagus, lettuce and strawberries. I even made a batch of strawberry scones this morning. They are so delicious! Soon I will be seeing some radishes and peas hopefully. I love picking straight from my own house instead of buying things at the store!

As for knitting I have completed a pair of slouchy socks:
jun14
I did intend these for me... but I think they will fit hubby a little better. I like the way the heels came out too. A little funky for striped yarn.

I also cast on for a second pair of socks for me:
jun14b
These are the Spindle Socks. Well they started out that way, and then I modified the pattern to a better looking cable in my head. Of course there have been nights the past couple of weeks I just haven't felt like knitting, so I haven't.

Last week I picked up my crochet hook for the first time in a long while. I can do that in my sleep, so I have been working on preemie hats and some baby sweaters. I am really trying to use up the odds and ends I have around. I have a bunch of gifted yarn that I plan to make into blankets, but first I have to pull it out and look at what colors there are.

Thanks for stopping in to check on me. I have to take a few more pics and I will post again soon.

3 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be checking frequently! D

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Karen said...

Lovely socks!
Time moves so slowly when waiting for summer vacation.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Lovely socks, both the slouchy ones and the Spindle socks. I'm a sucker for stripes, but have yet to sucker Mr. Batty into wearing stripy socks. Give it time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home