Friday, July 03, 2009

Using Stash

That is my number one goal for this summer. Use up my stash. Or at least the acrylic part. I was gifted several tubs full last year and I decided it is high time I got to use them and donate the projects. Yesterday I pulled it all out of the closet and had a look. There is a lot! Some I will never use, but most can be worked into blankets, sweaters or hats. So that is my goal. I have two bags ready to donate next week. The fun part is trying out a whole bunch of different patterns. I borrowed a few Candi Jensen books from our library and found a couple of little things to make. Plus I pulled out some of my printed patterns over the years and worked on them too. If I am going to use stash, I might as well have fun.

jul3c
This is a small carriage blanket done in the box stitch. I think it came out really cute. I would work this pattern again too.

jul3
Made this crocheted sweater from a booklet I had around. It is pretty cute in person. Yarn was from a swap, so it works.

jul3d
Made a matching hat to go with it too. Still a tiny bit of yarn left, but not much!

jul3a
This purple number was knit using a Bernat hooded sweater pattern - minus the hood. I didn't really like how it was constructed.

jul3b
This is a Candi Jensen pattern. It was supper easy, but the sleeves a thin. I started with pink, but ran out, so now it is a pink and purple sweater. Weird but cute in person.

I have a few other things in pieces and no pictures until they are finished. I started an crocheted blanket last night -- seems to use up a lot of yarn! And I started making a few recorder cases for the start of school. Just have to sew together one other thing and you will have lots more pictures!

After several straight days of rain, I am happy the sun is out. I don't mind if it is a little cool, but sun is always good! We have two parties to go to tomorrow and Sunday. I was volunteered to bring dessert. So I am making a chocolate mousse pie and some double chocolate cookies. Luckily it isn't 90 degrees, or I might be buying something at the store!

Have a very Happy 4th of July!

4 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger sara said...

You've been busy! Everything looks great. Good luck on your stashbusting.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Gloria P. said...

I love that box stitch...I too am trying to use up my stash...I have made several hats in the past weeks and working on another tonight....the kids love those slouchy hats.....! Have a great 4th of july.

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Karen said...

Wow! Everything looks great! I can't wait to watch you knit up all that stash yarn.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I love the carriage blanket and the cap. thanks for sharing,Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home