Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer Vacation

Lovely thoughts... I am officially on summer vacation. Last day for the kids was Wednesday and teachers went in on Thursday for a few contractual hours. SO Friday was my first day! I have been getting lots of little cleaning projects and cooking done around the house. I get up and read for a few hours every morning and knit or crochet away for several hours too. I have been out of the house doing an errands or two a day, plus walks with our dog and the husband. I think I am really going to enjoy this summer!

As you know I am really trying to use up the extra yarn I have in the house, so I have been working on a few crocheted blankets - they just go so much faster than knitting them... and some preemie hats and some sweaters too.
jun28a
These little sweaters work up in no time at all.
jun28
I love a good ripple pattern, so I made one in the round with pinks and one in purples. Sadly I have not made much of a dent in my acrylic stash. I pulled out some more last night and have made some progress on a cute box stitch carriage blanket. I also have one other crocheted sweater somewhere and pieces of a knit one blocking. I'll show those off next time.

I just really wanted to up date and see what is happening with everyone else. I seem to lose track of time when I am at home these days and not get on the computer. I am looking forward to working on some socks, but I am on this donation kick for the moment, so I will get a few more things put aside to donate downtown once I can go during their business hours. Then maybe I'll get back to me... I haven't ripped out my cable socks yet, but I did put them away. I will most likely rip them out and use a different pattern.

4 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger sara said...

I love the afghans! Just faved it on ravelry. Have a fun, safe summer!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Summer vacation, yay! Have fun. Relax. Knit, crochet, flop around, do whatever you feel like doing. Have a great time.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Gloria P. said...

Yes, I love the afghans, like the purple afghan pattern.

Nice work.

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Karen said...

The afghans and the sweaters are lovely!
There is nothing better than summer vacation. I hope you can relax and enjoy it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home