Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fourth of vacation

I realized today that I am a fourth of the way through my summer vacation. I love vacations were I don't really have to leave the house. I do this most days unless errands need to be done. I actually left the house today. I went to the post office and dropped off all of my latest projects: 8 blankets and about 9 sweaters at one place and 24 preemie hats at another. Even with all of this project completion, there doesn't seem to be a dent in the crazy stash.

I took time out and make myself a project this week:
jul14a
I really needed these too! Even on a 90 degree day, I have cold feet. These have some in very handy the past few mornings! They are double stranded and very cushy.

jul14
Also finished a couple of blankets that have been dropped off as of today. In person these stripes are much more subtle. Flash makes them stand out.

jul14b
Just a granny square. I try and do different patterns so I don't get too bored just using the stash.

Have another blanket of two in the works with some baby colors. Plus I have been knitting on hubby's socks. I have one completed and I started the second this morning. I have plans to go to the Ballet on Thursday at the outdoor theater, so I wanted to take the socks to work on them during the performance. We'll see how much I get done.

5 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Karen said...

Lovely blankets.
Your slippers are so cute. My feet are always cold too.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Gloria P. said...

lol my feet and hands are always cold means we have a warm heart ....obviously we crochet! Love the slippers and I know I haven't made a dent in my stash either. I am trying to get it down before I move.

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a wild knitter/crocheter/fiber person! Your productivity amazes me. (Have wound the purple yarn and cast on/ripped out already)

D

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I love ths slippers! when making preemie caps do you use the pattern from Lion Brand yarn? I used to make TONS of them... I need to start again. I think everyone needs an afghan.please e-mail me so I can get your circular needles out to ya, Thanks, Amy

 
At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice projects. I wonder why it is that some people can wander about with no slippers or shoes on and their feet never get cold. I'm generally warm all over but have to have something on my feet too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home