Sunday, August 09, 2009

1st Christmas present done!

Scary, but I only started them in April and it took me until the very end of July to complete them! Yikes.
aug9
Nothing special really, just Lionbrand yarn I found for a dollar at Job Lots. Hubby will loved these come the winter. He looks forward to new handmade socks. The crazier the better it seems.

Finished up two more blankets too:
aug9b

aug9a

In the bags they go to be donated later this month. Right now the two bags are in the kitchen ... but I may have to move them soon since they are getting fuller and fuller with goodies. Hopefully they keep lots of people, both big and little warm over the winter.

This week was busy, beside all the crocheting. Went to 3 workshops for professional development hours. We need 6 hours every year for school. I did them this summer so I didn't have to worry about them during the school year. I scrambled last year, so I thought I'd make it easy on myself and get them done now. Also had a family get together with cousins that were in town, so needless to say, not much at home got done. A load of laundry that was all I could fit in.

This week should go a little easier. Going back to moving things around the house, planning on picking blueberries, a doctor's appointment, and my birthday is Friday. Very low key week I hope!

3 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Karen said...

The socks are wonderful. Your husband will love them.

The blankets are great too!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Briley said...

I can't believe how many of those blankets you make!

Love the socks. Of course your husband looks forward to recieving them! Who wouldn't?

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Amy said...

great looking socks and afghans. thanks for sharing,Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home