Monday, August 03, 2009

More Blankets.

I haven't been knitting much lately, just crocheting this past week or so. I have also pulled everything out of my craft room. I am serious about downsizing and using what I have. The room looks bare now, but it still isn't quite done. We got new bookshelves for the room from my FIL, so out with the flimsy old ones and in with the wood. I am also moving a sock yarn dresser from the room upstairs and replacing it with a smaller bookshelf. All the books from my upstairs office are moving downstairs. Needless to say I am glad it is summer, because this whole project is taking me all summer. Which is ok. I do a little a day so it isn't too overwhelming. A lot to work into the house, but it will look and feel so much better when the two rooms are done.

Since I don't really have much baby colors anymore in the stash, I decided to make several for the local nursing home. Here are the latest two...
aug3a

aug3b

Just a simple ripple to work up the leftover skeins. I have some green yarn that is going to go into a blanket next. I am slowly making a dent, but there is so much more. I actually used up a huge bin of yarn this summer already from all the blankets I have done. Which is great. But as I was cleaning this week I found more acrylic stashed away. So that is now in the mound to use.

Other than reading and crocheting, I have made several batches of pickles - both dill and bread & butter. Cukes seem to be the only thing coming out of the garden this year. Not much else is really growing well. Or at least ready to be harvested.

3 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Briley said...

It's wonderful that you are making afghans for the nursing home. Having spent time working in one I know that they will be very well used and appreciated!

I hope you are enjoying your summer!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Gloria P. said...

I know all about shelves and down sizing...just got through doing the same thing...and now I have to pack it all up we are relocating with hubbies job to Austin in 3 weeks.

The seniors love those ripple blankets....and it certainly gives their room some cheery bright colors.

Pickles...did you say pickles...we love pickles ...but your right not much else growing all that fast with all the darn rain.....my tomatoes...I mean tomato...I swear I have 5 or 6 and that is it and I am guessing that I won't get the chance to eat a red one because we will be long gone to Texas before that happens...lol
Well I think I am gonna sit back here on the sofa, sip my coffee and finish my daughters fingerless mittens.

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Karen said...

The blankets are wonderful. Making them for nursing homes is a fabulous idea.
I love rearranging rooms and organizing stuff. I hope you do too:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home